Vice Principal - Newark School of Data Science and Information Technology 21-22 (NBOE)
Instructional-Vice Principal/V/P Secn
Newark School of Data Science and IT - 010
NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The District Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Vice Principal.
The Newark School of Data Science and Information Technology empowers students to join the next generation of research scientists and information technology professionals. Courses at this newly-founded school prepares students to tackle data sharing and privacy problems, ascertain and eliminate information technology vulnerabilities and guide students to commit to a career of ethical computing practices.
As the vice principal you will be poised to bring the vision of this newly-founded school to fruition. You will receive the initial freshman class and grow the school from ninth to twelfth grade, giving you the opportunity to establish the school's culture and legacy for years to come. Additionally, you will lead a newly formed team of faculty and staff handpicked to meet the unique demands of this specialized school.
Newark Public Schools has an incredible opportunity to transform the school system into one that ensures that all of its students graduate to succeed in the college or career of their choice.
We need leaders who:
- Believe all students can achieve at high levels
- Grow diverse teams
- Are reflective and actively seek opportunities to grow
- Innovate the previously unthinkable
- Effectively communicate with others
- Treat all people with respect and dignity
- Know their content and get things done
Under direction, a Vice Principal will assist in the planning, organizing, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of a school; provide leadership and assistance to teachers in the implementation of educational programs, activities, curriculum guidelines, and all other instructional objectives as defined by the Principal in charge; and perform all other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Principal Standard Certificate or a Certificate of Eligibility for Principal.
- Leader candidates with a background or experience in the data sciences or information technology are preferred.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of school programs.
- Assists in the planning and organization of school program goals and objectives, teacher and student school schedules, and state and district tests and other assessment programs.
- As assigned, plans and authorizes all assembly programs.
- Prepares/writes other reports and literature relative to school programs, goals, and objectives.
- Performs classroom observations and other instructional activities.
- Assists in the supervision of instructional and non-instructional personnel.
- As assigned, signs and verifies accident reports.
- As assigned, evaluates/investigates complaints.
- Maintains files and records for circulars, bulletins, statistical data and reports, unsatisfactory performance ratings, and school inventory.
- Attends parent conferences and faculty meetings.
- Attends/participates in grade level meetings.
- Attends District/Region-sponsored vice principal meetings, workshops, and other training sessions.
- Confers with Principal, teachers, parents, students, and the stakeholders.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Salary Range: $95,319-$133,000*
- Employment Period: Eleven (11) Months
- Union Affiliation: CASA
How to Apply
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications.
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER