Vice Principal Secondary 2020-21 (NBOE)
- Grade Level
- High School
Instructional-Vice Principal/V/P Secn
Various Newark Board of Education Locations
NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT
VICE PRINCIPAL SECONDARY
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Vice Principal Secondary
Newark Board of Education Vice Principals encompass the district's vision and under direction will assist in the planning, organizing, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of a school; provide leadership and assistance to teachers in the implementation of educational programs, activities, curriculum guidelines, and all other instructional objectives as defined by the Principal in charge; and perform all other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Principal Standard Certificate or a Certificate of Eligibility for Principal.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of school programs.
- Assists in the planning and organization of school program goals and objectives, teacher and student school schedules, and state and district tests and other assessment programs.
- As assigned, plans and authorizes all assembly programs.
- Prepares/writes other reports and literature relative to school programs, goals, and objectives.
- Performs classroom observations and other instructional activities.
- Assists in the supervision of instructional and non-instructional personnel.
- As assigned, signs and verifies accident reports.
- As assigned, evaluates/investigates complaints.
- Maintains files and records for circulars, bulletins, statistical data and reports, unsatisfactory performance ratings, and school inventory.
- Attends parent conferences and faculty meetings.
- Attends/participates in grade level meetings.
- Attends District/Region-sponsored vice principal meetings, workshops, and other training sessions.
- Confers with Principal, teachers, parents, students, and the stakeholders.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Salary Range: $95,319 + *
- Employment Period: Twelve (12) Months
- Union Affiliation: City Association of Supervisors and Administrators (CASA)
HOW TO APPLY
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications.
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER