Instructional-Vice Principal/V/P ElemDate Posted:
Sir Isaac Newton Elementary - 086NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT
VICE PRINCIPAL (Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The District Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Vice Principal at Sir Isaac Newton Elementary School. School Overview
First of its kind, the newly-opened Sir Isaac Newton Elementary School stimulates student's love for science through the application of project based learning. Students at this science-focused elementary school are engaged through continuous hands-on learning experiences in areas such as STEM, Architecture, and more! The school will continue to expand until it contains grades Pre-K through Eight, and its graduates will attend the prestigious Science Park High School.
As the Vice Principal, you will be poised to bring the vision of this newly-founded school to fruition. With the support of the Newark Board of Education, you and your administrative team will grow the school until you graduate the school's very first eighth grade class. This vice principalship will give you the unique opportunity to lead a newly formed team of faculty and staff, handpicked to meet the demands of this specialized school, and establish the school's culture and legacy for years to come. Overview:
The Newark Board of Education has an incredible opportunity to transform the school system into one that ensures that all of its students graduate to succeed in the college or career of their choice.
We need leaders who:
- Believe all students can achieve at high levels
- Grow diverse teams
- Are reflective and actively seek opportunities to grow
- Innovate the previously unthinkable
- Effectively communicate with others
- Treat all people with respect and dignity
- Know their content and get things done
Under direction, a Vice Principal will assist in the planning, organizing, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of a school; provide leadership and assistance to teachers in the implementation of educational programs, activities, curriculum guidelines, and all other instructional objectives as defined by the Principal in charge; and perform all other related duties as required. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Principal Standard Certificate or a Certificate of Eligibility for Principal.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of school programs.
- Assists in the planning and organization of school program goals and objectives, teacher and student school schedules, and state and district tests and other assessment programs.
- As assigned, plans and authorizes all assembly programs.
- Prepares/writes other reports and literature relative to school programs, goals, and objectives.
- Performs classroom observations and other instructional activities.
- Assists in the supervision of instructional and non-instructional personnel.
- As assigned, signs and verifies accident reports.
- As assigned, evaluates/investigates complaints.
- Maintains files and records for circulars, bulletins, statistical data and reports, unsatisfactory performance ratings, and school inventory.
- Attends parent conferences and faculty meetings.
- Attends/participates in grade level meetings.
- Attends District/Region-sponsored vice principal meetings, workshops, and other training sessions.
- Confers with Principal, teachers, parents, students, and the stakeholders.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
PRINCIPAL SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Salary Range: $95,319-$133,000*
- Employment Period: Eleven (11) Months
- Union Affiliation: CASA
*Salary may be subject to change pending contract negotiations How to Apply
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER