High School Athletic Trainer
- Grade Level
- High School
Athletics/Activities/High School Athletic Trainer
Adams City High School
COMMERCE CITY, COLORADO 80022
POSITION: ATHLETIC TRAINER
LOCATION: ADAMS CITY HIGH SCHOOL
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional responsibilities, and general responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement and student affective development.
- Be an effective communicator with coaching staff, students, parents, and the community at large.
- Be of the highest integrity with strong desire to model commitment to students, professional ideals, and above all, ethical standards in pursuit of educational excellence.
- Evaluates and manages injuries and determines whether a referral is necessary. Maintains a
- medical file on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Implements treatment and rehabilitation programs under the supervision of a physician.
- Develops conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with
- minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Certification by National Athletic Trainers Association
- Registration with the State of Colorado as an Athletic Trainer. Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Must have training experience in individual, dual, and team sports.
- Must have taken courses in the care and prevention of sport injuries.
- Must be knowledgeable of human movement pattern.
- Must be aware and adhere to league, state, national rules and regulations.
- Must be able to facilitate the training of student trainers.
- Be available to attend sporting events and practices.
- Must possess or willing to obtain current first aid, life support, and CPR certification.
- Must be knowledgeable in regard to purchase, care, and use of First Aid equipment.
- Experience working in conjunction with orthopedic/sports medicine physicians.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the
- Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good
- through sixty days of hire.
SALARY: Hourly. ACSD #14 is a Direct Deposit Employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's Application for Supplemental/Coaching Employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams County School District 14 is an urban/suburban school district with students representing all cultures/ethnic groups. Enrollment is approximately 6,500 students. The district employs about 975 teachers, administrators, and support personnel. District 14 has some of the finest schools and programs in Colorado, many of which are nationally recognized and serve as models for other school districts.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
"Inspire. Educate. Empower."
ACSD 14 IS AN EEO EMPLOYER
WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Adams County School District 14 is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title IX, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and the ADA may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 4720 E. 69 th Ave., Commerce City, Colorado 80022, (303) 853-3203 or the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Ste. 310, Denver, Colorado 80204, (303) 844-2991.
Apply for High School Athletic Trainer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly