ParaEducator, Classroom Assistant
ParaEducators & Instructional Support/ParaEducator,Classroom Asst.
Skyview Elementary School
Open Until Filled
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $12.28
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 10
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1259
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT / TEMPORARY
SUMMARY: Assist students by helping individuals or small groups of students with reading, writing and basic math skills, implementing instruction, reinforcing learning skills, and reinforcing school-wide discipline procedures. Assists instructor with preparation of classroom materials, monitoring students, and evaluating and recording student achievement. If in the Dual Language Program, also uses Spanish to perform the duties of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• No experience required.
• Experience in working with school age children preferred.
• If working in a Title I school, must have an AA degree, or have completed 48 semester hours of college level courses, or have successfully passed the state approved ParaEducator Examination.
• If working in the Dual Language Program, must be proficient in Spanish.
• If working in the English as a Second Language (ESL) area, must successfully complete the District administered ESL Training Program (approximately 15 hours) within 3 months of entering position.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• First Aid certification preferred.
• Must successfully complete the Adams County BOCES Safety Training Class within 30 days of entering position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situation.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
• Responsible for supervising the behavior and well being of students in the classroom, getting on and off the bus, on recess.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.