LEAVE REPLACEMENT ACADEMIC INTERVENTION TEACHER
Elementary School Teaching/ Elementary School Teacher, K-5
Clinton Elementary School
ACADEMIC INTERVENTION TEACHER
1.0 FTE - CLINTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
This position requires knowledge of intervention strategies and instructional techniques to teach language arts to students in grades K-2 identified as in need of additional instructional support.
1. New Jersey Elementary School Teacher Certificate or Eligibility required.
2. Meets NJ Standards for HQT for language arts.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in the subject area.
4. Training in specific intervention strategies preferred.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- NJ Elementary School Teacher Certification or eligibility required.
- Meets N.J. standards for HQT.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Experience with diverse learning communities or cultural competency training/work preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO Principal
To provide instructional leadership in the classroom in accordance with the course of study approved by the Board of Education approved curriculum.
1. Implements instruction to meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
2. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
3. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives.
4. Employs instructional methods and available materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
5. Assesses the performance of students on a continuing basis and provides progress reports as required.
6. Identifies students who require additional support services.
7. Communicates with colleagues, students, and parents.
8. Maintains high expectations for student performance and behavior.
9. Engages in professional development activities, which enhances instructional practices.
10. Participates in appropriate building and district meetings.
11. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS OF THE POSITION To maintain effective relationships with teachers, students, parents, administrators and appropriate community groups.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT 10 Months
Salary as per SOMEA Agreement