School Social Worker
- Job Type
Special Service Providers/School Social Worker
Horizon High School
Open until filled
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 1700SW
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - REGULAR
SUMMARY: Provide a range of services for students who demonstrate difficulties with learning, academic achievement, social/emotional functioning, and behavior. Serve as a psycho-educational service provider involved in proactive, preventative activities, as well as responding to identified concerns. Provide services based on a combination of problem-solving, consultative, and direct service models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop individual, group or system level interventions which improve identified problems or concerns, including academic, social / emotional / behavioral / mental health needs as they relate to educational progress.
- Uses research-based and technically sound practices to drive decision-making and interventions; and collaborates with school personnel and parents in order to develop and modify student intervention strategies.
- Facilitates functional assessment of behavior (FBA) and designs/implements and progress monitors intervention plans.
- Conducts, interprets and implements student assessment which includes record review, interview, observation, and standardized assessment.
- Administers and interprets norm-referenced and curriculum-based edumetric and psychological assessment measures.
- Participates in team-based follow-up activities to review student progress, analyze data, and modify individual interventions.
- Reviews school-wide assessment data to assist building staff(s) in interpreting and designing school-wide interventions.
- Serve as liaison among district building(s), families and community and collaborates with various teams to assure positive outcomes for all learners.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffings to determine the eligibility, appropriate planning, and re-evaluation for students who require special education services/programs.
- Comply with Student Support Services and district policies and procedures (e.g., Medicaid billing, accident reporting).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must possess a Colorado educator license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees' education and/or work experience
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.