Community & Recruitment Spec (Community/Parent Involvement)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visits elementary schools, and high schools, speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors and administrators to promote outreach activities and inform them of our sustainable community schools initiative.
- Manages and coordinates community workshops, retreats, and recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Coordinates and implements various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for admission and special events relating to targeted freshman, transfer, or under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts.
- Coordinates school participation of staff, alumni and community partners for recruitment fairs; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the school.
- Organizes and implements all aspects of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls, coordination skills with multiple entities and representing the school at local events.
- Promotes and represents the school at public relations events, promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns, business and committee meetings, and press and publicity functions.
- Trains and assists student ambassadors in the process of advising students and families concerning admissions, school programming, and our sustainable community schools initiative
- Prepares reports and proposals, and responds to inquiries from interested parties.
- Develops goals for recruitment and tracks activities for efficacy.
- Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Organizes opportunities for community involvement and participation at Uplift.
- Manages parent and community communications.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to administrative support staff and/or students.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to travel by vehicle.
- Must be willing to work evenings or weekends
- A valid driver's license, or ability to obtain a valid driver's license within thirty days of hire, is required for this job.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment