Salary Grade 62, plus supplement
Family Outreach Coordinator
Monday - Friday (aligned with school hours and to include special events)
20 (part-time, may include weekend and evening hours)
NUMBER OF MONTHS PER YEAR
POSITION PURPOSE: Family Liaison duties and responsibilities are to increase the involvement of our families in the schools. Establishing effective communication between home and school including families that English is not their primary language and improve community outreach and training opportunities for families of students in grades Preschool through 5th.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
●Ability to communicate in English and Spanish fluently speaking and in writing.
●Ability to collaborate with school administrators, counselors, social workers, andteachers providing the education and safety of the students and families.
●Able to carry-out student support programming through the use of educational soundmethods and skills
● Knowledge of parent involving strategies in order to engage parents in support of student’s interventions
● Knowledge of community resources available for families.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
● Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution in ESL programming, family outreach, or other related fields
● Demonstrated ability to speak, understand, read and write fluently in both English and a second language
● Experience working in a bi-lingual setting
● Experience working with non-English speaking families and providing effective outreach
● Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
● Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the NC Department of Motor Vehicles
● Associate Degree from an accredited institution in General Education
● Interpreter/ translator certification
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide assistance in linking programs and services with the school for the purpose of improving school attendance, student performance, and positive youth development
2. Monitor education, health, and human services received by assigned students and their families, to ensure that they are delivered in a personal, accountable, and coordinated manner
3. Coordinate and facilitate programs, services, special classes, and extracurricular activities for students and their families
4. Prepare and present programs to educate parents about resources that are available to them to support their children’s school success
5. Build rapport with families to encourage trust and relationships with the goal of serving as an
an encourager, mentor, and bridge to school success from preschool through graduation
6. Establish family contacts, family meetings, and information sessions to encourage parental support of their children
7. Develop and maintain resources for families and provide parenting and referral information
8. Collaborate with social workers, counselors, and teachers to organize family workshops, community team building events, and information sessions in the community and at the schools
9. Provide information to families pertaining to district and school procedures and instructional programs as well as resources available throughout the school system and community
10. Survey families to obtain an understanding of their needs and utilize survey data in determining specific resources to make available to parents
11. Collaborate with Family Outreach Coordinator doing translations for their school site.
12. Perform other duties as needed