Student Support Services/ Speech and Language Pathologist
1.0 FTE - DISTRICT
Work Year Base Salary Deadline As per SOMEA
November 13, 2020 10 months Agreement Open Until Filled
AVAILABLE JANUARY 2021
The Specialist will provide speech and language assessment and instruction to classified disabled students - Pre-K through grade 12.
- New Jersey Certification, Speech/Language Specialist.
- Familiarity with online learning platforms
- Preferred experience with PK-5 population.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
POSITION TITLE SPEECH/LANGUAGE SPECIALIST
- New Jersey Speech and Language Specialist certification
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
JOB GOAL(S) Provide Speech/Language and Case Manager services to classified students in the South Orange-Maplewood School District
1. Perform assessments analyses and classifications of students' communication competencies & characteristics.
2. Plans, prepares & delivers treatment programs for children with speech and/or language deficiencies.
3. Consult with teachers to assist in the implementation of strategies, modifications, and accommodations specific to classified pupils IEP's.
4. Conducts ongoing evaluation of all children in the program to determine appropriateness of their program.
5. Maintain current records of services provided.
6. Assumes primary responsibility for requisitioning and maintaining needed equipment and supplies.
7. Maintain contact with parents of assigned students.
8. Perform other related duties at the request of the Supervisor of Special Services.
9. Maintains professional competence through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
10. Must respect the confidentiality of all student information, whether personal or school-related, which the employee hears or learns while working in the school or in a specified classroom. Must strictly comply with all the State and federal laws, and Board policy and regulations governing confidentiality of student records.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT 10 MONTHS
Salary as per SOMEA Agreement