Electronics Research Lab Director
- Job Type
General Description of Role
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology seeks an enthusiastic educator with experience in electrical engineering to be its new Electronics Research Lab Director. The Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Electronics Lab. They will be expected to design and teach elective course content in addition to guiding student research in the area of electronic circuitry design. Course content should include both analog and digital circuitry including practical lab experiences to aid student learning and ultimately lead to student-designed research.
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and anticipate needs of department and students
- Experience in electrical engineering and research concepts
- A commitment to creating a hands-on learning experience.
Laboratory Equipment Management
- Assess maintenance needs of laboratory equipment and perform minor repairs, or schedule major repairs with vendors.
- Purchase lab equipment including benchtop hardware such as oscilloscopes, power supplies and function generators.
- Maintain library of resource textbooks for faculty and students.
- Maintain and organize a wide variety of electronic components for student use.
- Manage a budget and write purchase orders for materials for the lab
- Teach sections of Electronics electives: Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Audio Design and Microprocessors.
- Teach and advise seniors enrolled in the Electronics Research Lab (may include students in the TJHSST Mentorship Program)
- Work on school-wide initiatives such as science fair, mentorship fair or other large-scale science and technology division functions.
To apply please visit the FCPS job vacancy list HERE, and select Jefferson Science & Tech from the location dropdown menu. This position is available to start during the 2020-21 academic year.
About Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) is the product of a partnership forged between the business community and Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) to improve education in science, mathematics and technology. This unique FCPS school offers a comprehensive program that focuses on scientific, mathematical, and technological fields. The core skills and values infused throughout the curriculum emphasize and promote critical inquiry and research, problem solving skills, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility. As the regional Governor’s School for Science and Technology in Northern Virginia, the school serves applicants from five participating school districts: Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties, as well as Falls Church City. Of the 436 students in the Class of 2021, 130 are National Merit Semifinalists, and an additional 230 are National Merit Commended students. For more information on TJHSST, please click HERE.
Apply for Electronics Research Lab Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly