Wraparound Wellness Supervisor - 2020-2021 SY
District and School Support Positions - Non-Cert/ WRAPAROUND WELLNESS SUPERVISOR
189 Board of Education Administration Building
Title: Wraparound Wellness Supervisor Classification: Admin-Non-Certified
FLSA: Exempt Department: Support Services
Salary: Administrator's Salary Scale PG 3 Work Year: Grant-Ending 6/30/21
REPORTS TO: Director of Parent and Student Support Services
The Wraparound Wellness Supervisor works with staff, the community, students, and families to develop a holistic approach to provide trauma recovery services and support students within our community. This position will head the Wraparound Wellness Center.
- Master's Degree in social work or counseling or related field required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working with children in a high-needs environment is highly preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years management experience is highly preferred.
- Experience providing staff development and/or peer coaching is highly preferred.
- Experience with social-emotional learning frameworks (e.g. MTSS, CASEL) and/or supportive programming (PBIS, RTi, Wraparound) is highly preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Job Functions)
The Wraparound Specialist will:
- Be directly responsible to the Director of Parent and Student Support Services.
- Provide administrative direction, leadership, and clinical supervision to the staff of the Wraparound Wellness Center.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing standards for comprehensive and outpatient trauma-informed, behavioral health services.
- Be a part of all family Wraparound teams.
- Demonstrate clinical leadership for innovative service initiatives.
- Provide consultation on challenging patients, situations, problems, and utilizes innovative approaches to solution building and shares this expertise with others.
- Assume overall clinical supervisory responsibility for behavioral services to ensure integrated delivery of care.
- Ensure the safety of staff and families at all times.
- Oversee the collection of confidential family records, mental health records, budget allocations, and data collection.
- Staff the Center seven days a week from 4pm to 9pm with similar times but flexibility on the weekends.
- Create and evaluate all documents needed for the Wraparound Wellness Center.
- Manage all fiscal responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Advanced behavioral health knowledge and skills.
- Professional competence in employee management and clinical services.
- Roles and functions of outside community resources and partnerships.
- Trauma-informed education and a strengths-based perspective.
- The juvenile justice system and its policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Plan, develop, and oversee the trauma recovery services.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and grant deadlines.
- Manage staff and families collaboratively and creatively. Plan, organize, coordinate, and administer the delivery of crisis services, trauma services, and the delivery of social services programs and services.
- Demonstrate success in working with students and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships in a limited time and engage with a broad range of school-based staff and community partners around building a trauma sensitive culture.
- Ability to demonstrate effective skills in group facilitation, managing teams/groups, organizational dynamics, and consensus building.
- Cultural awareness and ability to navigate and promote sensitivity with issues of race and equity and knowledge of racial equity and racial justice in the context of public education and community services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of audiences, comfort using tools and methods to optimize support for a remote staff (distance learning technologies, creative use of video, virtual meeting technologies, etc.).
- Excellent project management skills, ability to balance multiple priorities with proven ability to anticipate challenges, solve problems and maintain a calm demeanor in high-pressure situations.
- Strong analytical, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Work flexibly in a fast-paced, changing environment with multiple tasks, time constraints and in difficult situations in clinically complex situations
School/office environment--walking, standing, squatting, hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations; seeing to monitor various activities, read documents, view computer monitor, kneeling, sitting for extended periods of time, reaching overhead, above shoulders and horizontally, or bending at the waist to retrieve and store files; lifting semi-heavy objects; driving a vehicle to conduct work. May be exposed to families who potentially could be violent; has knowledge of techniques to de-escalate verbal and physically aggressive behavior.