Special Education Teachers
IU13 is hiring Special Education Teachers for various programs and locations.
Opportunities available for Full-time, Long-term Substitutes, and Short-term Substitutes
Minimum starting salary: $55,736.00 annually or $293.35 daily
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The teachers of exceptional students are responsible for planning and implementing an effective program of instruction based on students' Individual Education Programs (IEP's). Teachers report to their respective Program Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree and active PA certification in Special Education is required.
As an IU13 employee you will be a part of a specialized team of professionals with:
- Assigned Mentor teacher for the first year
- Individualized supervision of special education programs
- Program-specific support teams (Special Education Consultants, School Psychologists, Social Workers)
A career with the IU13 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits which may include:
- Health Care, Dental, & Vision Plans
- On-Site/Near-Site Health and Wellness Center for doctor/physical therapy/wellness care with no copays or deductibles, for staff that meets eligibility requirements.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Leave Days
- Staff Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement
- Retirement through PSERS
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities
To view a description of IU13 classrooms & other student services, click here: http://www.iu13.org/employment/explore-our-classrooms/,