Superintendent - Ignacio School District 11-JT, CO
- Job Type
The Ignacio School District 11-JT, Ignacio, Colorado, School Board, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 215 miles NW of Albuquerque / 300 miles SW of Colorado Springs
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- Leadership – A visionary who takes risks, is balanced and has a good sense of humor. An honest, transparent, trustworthy, humble leader driven to serve the students, parents and staff with an understanding of high performing systems. A leader who collaborates with staff and empowers and holds staff accountable. A leader who is fair, personable, and rooted in values.
- Communicator – A decision-maker who treasures the voice of others. An open-minded person who loves working with students, parents, staff and the greater community. A person who speaks and writes on a professional level and utilizes this skill consistently to communicate with the board of directors and all stakeholders. A person who is approachable and understanding. A person who can say “no” with firmness and dignity.
- Educator – A curriculum leader who has taught in the classroom, served as a leader and mentor of teachers. A learner who knows how to build the capacity for student learning. A policy driven leader who is proactive in working with the board of directors to apply the district’s policy and make recommendations to the board regarding policy needs. Some one who understands school finance and the budgeting process to make fiscally sound business decisions, while planning for the growth and maintenance of district facilities and personnel.
- Integrity – A competent, confident and humble leader. A leader who thrives on truth and values the voice of the people. A person of empathy willing to take a stance for children. A data driven leader with an understanding of the financial bottom line. A leader willing to make a long-term commitment to the district.
- Diversity – A leader who has experience working in a multi-cultural community. A person dedicated to building relationships throughout the Ignacio community and education system. A person who enjoys working in a small rural community.
- Closing date for applications: November 30, 2020 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Education selects finalists to interview: December 15, 2020
- Interviews with the Board of Education: January 11 & 12, 2021
- Selection of new Superintendent: January 14, 2021
- Start date: July 1, 2021