West Virginia English Teacher (part-time), Stride Learning Solutions
- Job Type
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
K12 believes in education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Stride Learning Solutions is dedicated to providing flexible, personalized pre-K to 12th grade online learning.
We are seeking a part-time contract teacher in the field of English. The ideal teacher is state certified in West Virginia and is deemed highly-qualified. We work towards achieving student success in an online environment by using data-driven strategies to provide synchronous and asynchronous support which focuses on individual student needs.
Please include copies of the following documents with your application:
- current resume
- current teaching certificate
- copies of transcripts
- Devote weekly hours to live synchronous sessions (hours are determined by state/client needs)
- Successfully complete training within two weeks of hiring
- Participate in monthly data analysis meetings
- Provide students with rich and targeted feedback
- Adhere to state specific requirements as specified by manager
- Complete additional training as required
- Learn curriculum of assigned course/s
- Adhere to state and client specific prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools
- Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, maintain synchronous office hours, monitor student pacing/progress through course
- Take ownership for student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
- Candidates are required to be currently certified to teach in West Virginia with an English endorsement listed on their teaching license. They are also expected to have HQT status in their state and to maintain this certification for the duration of their employment. Reciprocity is not accepted.
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with online teaching and supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- One of the following endorsements: ELL, ESL orESOL
- Three (3) years of teaching experience
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.