- Job Type
The Supervisor of the Office of Outreach is responsible for the organization, operation, and coordination of Parent Liaisons, Language Assistance Services (Interpreters and Translators), Community School Initiative, the McKinney-Vento Program, annual employee giving campaign, and connecting families of LCPS students with resources to empower, educate, and assist in student academic achievement.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
* Facilitates orientation, regional cluster meetings and all-staff development training for parent liaisons.
* Facilitates hiring, orientation, and staff development training for interpreters and translators.
* Supervises the development and implementation of the Community Schools Initiative.
* Supervises the McKinney-Vento Program Specialist and staff.
* Oversees and coordinates division-wide requests for interpreter services.
* Coordinates and monitors translation of vital documents for Pupil Services and other departments.
* Researches, networks, and secures local and regional resources for parent liaisons to utilize through the division.
* Researches and writes grants to procure resources for Community Schools.
* Works with other central office staff (Head Start, Title I, Parent Resource Center, ELL, Research) to provide coordinated outreach services.
* Prepares the annual budget for Outreach Services.
* Coordinates the annual LCPS employee giving campaign.
* Assists in the preparation of reports, attends budget meetings, School Board Meetings, and serves on committees as the Director of Student Services or the Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Services may request.
* Master's Degree in social work, sociology, school counseling, or a related field preferred
* Experience and knowledge related to the U.S. public education system, Loudoun County Public Schools system, family engagement best practices, and community partnerships
* Five years of progressive overall experience in student services administration, supervision and administration
* Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience with issues surrounding equity
* Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and to meet deadlines
* Possesses strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds
* Demonstrate the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with administrators, parents, and community stakeholders
Apply for Outreach Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly