Total Rewards & HR Systems Partner
Human Resources/ Total Rewards & HR Systems Partner
The incumbent is an experienced partner providing subject matter knowledge for supporting Total Rewards/Benefits in the design, development and delivery of programs and services intended to meet the needs of the Norwalk Public Schools. Provides specialized, qualitative, and analytical consultative support in the planning, defining, integrating and validating of benefit plans, programs and projects, including strategy, philosophy and policy development; assists in the design, development, review and modification of specific programs, plan provisions, tools, projects and procedures; develops and disseminates related communication and educational materials; participates in audits; performs evaluative analysis of plans and their impacts; and leads or participates in organization wide or Talent Office-sponsored special projects or initiatives. Advises on Total Rewards Benefit programs, plans, projects, policies and procedures. Work activities include managing benefits project initiatives; coordinating annual benefit planning, enrollment and communications activities; managing various initiatives; service provider management; and responding to and completing multiple, varied and technically diverse assignments.
The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the design and oversight of Total Rewards initiatives in support of the organization's goals and practices, including workforce intelligence and predictive analytics.
Critical Responsibilities Include:
- Resolve issues requiring deep functional expertise of Worker's Compensation, Leave of Absence & American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Interface with benefits vendors and administration outsourcers regarding individual Employee claims/cases
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding the impact of benefit changes
- Manages benefits-related Leave of Absence and Worker's Compensation processing
- Provide and compile benefit data for provider reporting, operational reporting, benefit forecasting, and benefits planning
- Suggest methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies
- Develop reports of the cost analysis of implementing specific benefits plans in comparison to the competitive landscape
- Provides qualitative, analytical and consultative support in the planning, defining, integrating and validating of Benefit programs philosophy, strategy and approach. Researches and identifies best practices and assists in designing, developing, reviewing, modifying and costing specific programs, projects, tools, plan provisions and procedures.
- Develops locally defined policies and administrative procedures, as warranted in concert with respective collective bargaining agreements.
- Coordinates and oversees open enrollment program (i.e., rate renewals, plan changes and communication) and transition to new plan year to ensure effective implementation of annual benefits cycle; compiles benefit selection and associated cost information; interfaces with vendors to obtain and exchange information and provide clarification of system benefit administration issues; and ensures readiness of payroll systems, benefits administration modules and interfaces to auxiliary systems to ensure the timely and accurate exchange of eligibility and enrollment data.
Data Analysis & Systems Management
- Develop reporting and dashboard analytics to support business needs.
- Analyzes detailed benefit cost data to understand cost and utilization trends and provides timely insight into cost drivers and identification of new improvement opportunities
- Utilizes relational databases, business intelligence and desktop analytical reporting tools to access data and develop standard and ad-hoc reports and summaries that support department projects and initiatives.
- Conducts analyses and modeling, accesses utilization trends, identifies risks, develops projections, determines opportunities and prepares summaries of findings.
- Lead collaboration with fellow HR team members as well as Payroll, Finance and IT to ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing of business transactions.
- May lead project team(s) for system upgrades, enhancements, evaluations and data integration.
- Documents and maintains setup details for all system configurations.
- Analyzes current processes and makes recommendations/implement improvement.
- Identify new functionality and recommend/implement changes.
- Participates in audit processes to ensure data accuracy and plan administration compliance. Identifies information and system audit opportunities. Identifies trends and escalates potential issues.
- Manage the consistent implementation of a compensation framework including administration of salary increases, longevity payments, etc. consistent with guidelines in respective collective bargaining unit contracts
- Collaborate with Chief Talent Officer to ensure that all unaffiliated compensation packages are competitive with benchmarks and in line with overall total rewards philosophy.
- May assist with benchmarking process which may include conducting compensation bench marking, identifying surveys to support competitive analysis of compensation programs, and providing consultative support
- Develops, explains and disseminates related communication and educational materials. Engages colleagues in group presentations/seminars on programs, policies, changes or issues. Participates in measuring program effectiveness and service delivery efficiency.
- Reviews, updates, and communicates existing benefits policies to determine continued fit with the organization and provides recommendations for updates to most effectively administer consistent with collective bargaining agreements.
- Follow established policies and practices to resolve questions and issues on employee (disability) claims using resource information on policies, plans, employee data and claim data from the vendor.
- Manages project management resources to meet project objectives for benefit programs, automated enrollment modules and related plan administration/information services. Identifies information and system audit opportunities; manages audit process to ensure data accuracy and compliance.
- Leads and participates in organization-wide or Human Resources-sponsored special projects or initiatives. Develops project plans with major milestones and critical paths to facilitate project control, as needed. Responsible for meeting scope, deadline and budget objectives. Reports project status to appropriate internal and external stakeholders to solicit administrative support for project success. Coordinates evaluation of project processes and outcomes, and participates in the design of corrective actions in order to maintain quality standards and increase probability of success initiatives.
- Manages vendors and service provider relationships to ensure the completion of assignments, resolution of outstanding claims and administrative disputes, and the effective and efficient reporting to Chief Talent Officer.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing and implementing total rewards programs, policies and procedures preferred
- General knowledge of HR policies/processes, compensation and total rewards programs
- Knowledge of compensation and total rewards governance, compliance and reporting requirements
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, as well as exposure to Total Rewards-specific applications (ERI),
- Advanced level knowledge of trends and developments in compensation and/or benefits, including relevant legal issues,
- Has developed conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline
- Capable of making decisions within guidelines and policies
- Impacts a range of standard and non-standard customer, operational, process, project or service activities
- Is accountable for small projects or programs with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the clients to gain their trust and respect
- Must be able to drive continuous improvement and lean activities to improve organizational effectiveness
- Experience running and analyzing HR reports
- Experience with multiple clients, dealing with a broad range of HR-related functions
- Strong project management and organizational skills, bias for action and results orientation
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal savvy and composure especially in critical events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective, active listening skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good public relations skill
- Ability to think strategically and to understand underlying business and organizational issues.
- Ability to work autonomously with little daily guidance,
- Ability to explain difficult issues and work to build consensus
- Travel to multiple locations
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and cope with change
- Proven ability to manage a wide variety of HR programs, change management and roll-out of HR initiatives
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships with leadership teams and employees
- Proven ability to change the business through creative problem-resolution, policy creation or lean efforts
- Has the ability to perform complex analytics, identify trend analyses and interpret data, driving business recommendations
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Undergraduate degree in a related field. Graduate degree preferred and/or 8 10 years of related progressively responsible experience directly consulting on compensation and/or benefits-related work
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
- Experience with compensation and job description software (ERI)
NORWALK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Norwalk Board of Education to ensure equal educational opportunity for all students and to prohibit unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical and mental disability in the school district's educational program and activities; and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or physical and mental disability.