Classified Substitute/ Custodial Substitute
District Services/Englewood, CO
JOB TITLE: Substitute Custodian
WORK YEAR: As needed
WORK STATUS: Classified, Hourly Non-Exempt and At-Will
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the inside and outside common areas of the school during the school day, minor repairs, and general assistance to the staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans the open and common areas of the school throughout the school day.
2. Monitors and restocks restroom supplies and materials.
3. Performs seasonal work, such as summer deep cleaning and maintenance.
4. Maintains custodian supply inventories, organizes equipment closet and maintains equipment.
5. Sets up for groups and special events or activities by staff or outside usage.
6. Performs minor building, plumbing and electrical repairs as needed.
7. Opens the building in the morning.
8. Performs various responsibilities in outside areas, including snow removal, lawn watering, trash pick-up, doors and windows.
9. May be responsible for locker maintenance and minor repair.
10. Moves furniture and other equipment when needed.
11. Works cooperatively with day custodian setting priorities and determining custodial needs for the building.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education or Formal Training
High school graduate
One to three years preferred
- Knowledge of custodial equipment, methods and materials
- Some knowledge of electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Hand and power tools
- Effective communication
- Is flexible and adapts to change
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Observes all district policies and procedures
- Supports the Sheridan School District Strategic Plan
Mostly clean and comfortable; some noise; dirt and dust; odors and fumes; may encounter hazardous situations and materials
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, walking, standing and lifting 5-20 pounds.
Occasional squatting, climbing, crawling, stooping and lifting 20 - 50 pounds.
Must clear background check through Colorado Department of Human Services in addition to an online Records check and FBI Fingerprint check through Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Substitute Custodians are paid $15.25 per hour based upon Class 1, Step 1 of the Operations and Maintenance Salary Schedule. This position is classified non-exempt and is an at-will position with the Sheridan School District.
All interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at https://applitrack.com/sheridan/onlineapp/ . Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancy has been filled.