- Job Type
- Doctorate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a discipline appropriate to the position.
- Four (4) years of experience in an area appropriate to the position.
- Tableau development experience along with a working knowledge of SQL, Power BI, Python and Excel preferred.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
NOTE: A Master's degree in a discipline appropriate to the position plus an additional two (2) years of experience as specified above may be substituted for the Doctorate.
Under general direction, independently, initiates and conducts a research program in a specified field or, supervises staff engaged in conducting a research program or project; coordinates
the research program with other programs within and outside of the agency as appropriate; does related duties.
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
- Uses sophisticated, often newly developed equipment to conduct unique experiments and/or develop new approaches to existing problems.
- Develops and introduces new procedures and approaches to existing analytical and/or research programs.
- Initiates, executes, and directs a research program or project independent of supervision.
- Exercises administrative, scientific, and technical supervision over personnel engaged in conducting a research program or project.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of clear, scientifically sound, accurate, and informative reports of the results accruing from research activities.
- Acts as a scientific consultant to the department in the specific fields relating to an area of scientific competence.
- Manages the work operations and/or functional programs and has responsibility for employee evaluations and for effectively recommending the hiring, firing, promoting, demoting and/or disciplining of employees.
- Coordinates the major projects under investigation with programs of other divisions, departments or agencies.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office of related units.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1.Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units. 2.Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication. 3.Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
Salary, Terms & Affiliation
- Salary Range: $72,348 - $99,577
- Employment Period: Twelve (12) Months
- Union Affiliation: Local 32