Director of Learning and Evaluation
- Job Type
If you are passionate about academic data and using it to inform best practices for adult and English Language Learners then Carlos Rosario has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
Summary: The Director of Learning & Evaluation (DL&E) plays a critical role in developing policies and procedures related to school data collection for the purposes of continuous improvement and external accountability. The DL&E serves as a subject matter expert and advocate on behalf of adult serving institutions in regards to policies and procedures made by governing authorities, including but not limited to, the enrollment audit process, materials and/or forms, and best practices in enrollment for adult and English Language Learners. They ensure that systems and processes are in place for compliance and reporting performance measures associated with PCSB, Middle States-MSA, and OSSE accountability systems, as well as data reporting for external grants when applicable. They are responsible for interpreting statistical analyses on a wide variety of student metrics, ranging from learning gains to personal growth and development outcomes, in order to appropriately develop data collection and reporting strategies with senior leadership.
- Advises the senior leadership team in analysis and interpretation of data and its application in informing organization strategy, decision making, and program improvements. Turn unstructured issues/requests into appropriate detailed and comprehensive reports, action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables
- Advocates on behalf of adult serving institutions in regards to policies and procedures made by governing authorities (OSSE, PCSB), including but not limited to the enrollment audit process, materials and/or forms, and best practices in enrollment for adult and English Language Learners.
- Recommends school-wide processes in order to effectively gather and organize necessary data. Trains staff and faculty on accountability processes, data collection processes, data reporting, etc. Is responsible for working with both school campuses, including ensuring consistent processes and procedures are carried-out around data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Continually advocates to external entities for reasonable and appropriate accountability frameworks including, but not limited to, DC PCSB PMF metric definitions and floor/target setting and OSSE school report cards
- Engages with adult education school leaders throughout the District of Columbia in order to better understand policy impacts on the broader field
- Attends relevant training, including but not limited to PCSB, OSSE, NRS, and others, and briefs leadership on data policies and keeps up to date with trends in the field in adult education assessment
- Coordinates with various functional areas in achieving data objectives including but not limited to Registration, Workforce Academies, and Supportive Services
- Translates measurement and evaluation principles into practices that allow educators to collect and evaluate evidence of progress and student growth
- Works closely with the school’s IT team to query and validate data sets related to external accountability frameworks and internal learning metrics
- Identifies appropriate tools and methods to measure and evaluate the School’s academic and support services programs.
- Performs statistical analyses of student data to gauge the impact on learning and on personal development
- Other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in measurement and evaluation or related field or the appropriate combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, using those skills within a complex organizational setting, including conversation and presentation skills to provide decision-makers with information to make and foster organizational growth, development and change strategies.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in using applications such as Tableau, SPSS, Excel, Python, or R to analyze and report information
- Ability to research and prepare clear, substantive reports, models and briefings involving data interpretation, and effectively translate complex data for non-technical audiences
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Values teamwork and uses a shared leadership school-management approach;
- Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/directoroflearningandevaluation. This position will be posted until September 8, 2020.