RALLY Recreation Assistant (Districtwide)
RALLY/ Rally Recreational Assistant
Open Until Filled
Location: RALLY Districtwide (Mendenhall River Community School)
Part-Time Position (.5333 FTE)
Works in a before, after school and/or summer care program for kindergarten and elementary age students. Supervises students in a safe, structured, positive environment. Encourages learning and social skill development. Designs and leads a variety of recreational crafts and activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- High School diploma.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CPR, first aid, and certification in a district approved behavior management technique may be required.
- Principles and practices of preschool and daycare.
- Early childhood development.
- Recreation activities and crafts.
- Provide a safe environment for students at the center.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Design and lead recreational crafts and activities.
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time 12-month position, working 20 hours per week with the possibility of working up to 37.5 hours per week when school is not in session, with a starting salary of $19.48 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
S elected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints will be forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.