Graphic Design Instructor (Part-Time)- -2021 -2022 SY
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Varina High School
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest county public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Sky Line Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties:
Use and evaluate instructional materials and resources, including Technology, that support the curriculum for three classes of graphic design instructor at Varina High School.
The purpose of this position is to provide professional instruction to students in the Center for Communications and Media Relations in the areas of multimedia, photography, and graphic design with particular emphasis on the Adobe Creative Suite. This position will also provide technical assistance to students and teachers in these same areas.
• Instructs students in the areas of multimedia, photography, and graphic design with Adobe CS emphasis, using Macintosh platform.
• Assesses student work and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs.
• Uses the Center for Communications & Media Relations curriculum to work collaboratively to plan daily instructional activities.
• Selects and uses instructional materials for classroom use.
• Designs materials and student assessments for daily use in the classroom.
• Determines how Technology can best be utilized in education to enhance student learning.
• Works with teachers to coordinate the use of new technologies in the delivery of instruction.
• Provides training to demonstrate new technologies.
• Performs daily general cleaning, maintenance, and trouble-shooting procedures.
• Requisitions material and equipment needed for the classroom and provides this information to the Center Director.
• Participates in presentations and demonstration lessons scheduled in the Center for Communications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree and a valid teaching license with an endorsement in Technology or Visual Arts OR a (or be eligible for) Technical Professional License in Graphic Imaging Technology.
This is a part-time (approximately 20-hours week) position with a flexible work schedule.
B. A. or B. S. - Minimum Salary - $27.35 per hour
M. A. or M. S. - Minimum Salary - $28.67 per hour
How To Apply:
To be considered for this vacancy, you should upload three (3) written references , and a copy of your teaching license onto our online application platform located at henricoschools.us/careers/ .
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
Public Schools Public Schools
Permanent Part-Time Permanent Part-Time
Amount of Travel:
Work At Home: