Job Title: Department of Principal Quality (DPQ) Miscellaneous Employee
Unit: Department of Principal Quality (DPQ)
Reports to: Dr. Michele Fernandes, Leadership Development Specialist
Chicago Public Schools (CPS) has set ambitious goals to ensure that every student, in every neighborhood, will be engaged in a rigorous, well-rounded instructional program, and will graduate prepared for success in college, career, and life. The school principal serves as a critical agent to ensure this vision is actualized.
Mission of DPQ
Identify, develop, support, and retain strong principal leaders who are dedicated to student success in CPS.
Vision of DPQ
Every Chicago Public School has a strong leader providing opportunities for all students to achieve their fullest potential.
This role will support DPQâ€™s Leadership Development Specialist in the administration of the CPS Principal Eligibility process, a competency-based assessment system used to create a pool of aspiring school leaders. The role will also support associated programs and events.
- Draft correspondences and other formal documents
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and events, including generating materials and organizing logistics for events
- Organize and support the design and workshops for the Eligibility Assessment
- Develop and implement organized filing systems
- Enter and maintain accurate departmental data, including data related to Principal Pipeline programs, and Eligibility assessment
Ideal Candidate has :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of initiative and adaptability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain organized in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Applications.
- Interest in Education preferred
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
The primary location for this position will be at:
Chicago Public Schools, Loop Office
42 W. Madison St.
Chicago, IL 60602
The CPS Loop Office is accessible by the Red, Brown, Pink, Purple, Green and Blue lines. Work at other CPS District offices and locations will be required on occasion.