APPLES Preschool: Long-Term Substitute Speech Pathologist
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
Substitute/ Long-Term Substitute Speech Pathologist
The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget.
Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Speech and Language Pathologist
The Speech and Language Pathologist functions as a member of the total diagnostic team by providing assessment, comprehensive differential diagnosis, educational planning and support as well as therapy for students with speech/language communication disorders and delays. Speech and language services may be delivered in a variety of ways alone or in collaboration with teachers and other service providers in order to best support students in the general curriculum, i.e., the least restrictive environment.
- To foster children's ability to communicate their needs, feelings and ideas, and to comprehend and respond in an appropriate manner to the communication of others.
- To evaluate and diagnose those students referred by the PPT members.
- To develop goals and objectives for qualified students.
- To communicate/coordinate therapy programs with parents, teachers and other service providers.
- To consult with PPT members in developing recommendations.
Since the school speech-language program is considered an integral part of the total education program, several service delivery models are used to best support students. The models include:
- Working in special/regular education classes.
- Individual or small group therapy.
- Consultation with teachers, other professionals and with parents.
Some speech and language pathologists are assigned to a single building while other travel to different settings.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certification or Clinical Fellowship Year
- Connecticut State Department of Health License, or in process
- Connecticut State Department of Education Certification, or in process
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
This assignment is expected to continue for more than 40 days, and therefore we are seeking a certified candidate. If you are not currently certified in CT, but hold a Bachelor's degree and 12 credits in the content area to be taught, we will apply to the CSDE for Long-Term Substitute Authorization.
$200 per day
Online application is required.