- Job Type
Employment Status: Full time
Start date: August 2020
Anticipated compensation: $50,000
Who We Are
Saga Education is a national nonprofit, founded in 2014 and aimed to confront educational inequity to support historically under-served schools and their students. Saga Education has dedicated itself to providing high-dosage, in-school tutoring in partnership with public high schools. Since our founding, Saga Education and our tutoring fellows have served over 12,600 students across Chicago, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
For more information about Saga Education’s mission, please visit us at www.sagaeducation.org.
Reporting to the Director of Grants & Advancement, the Grant Writer provides support for the Finance and Grants teams at Saga Education. This person will serve as a critical pillar of archiving Saga’s granting and reporting work. The Grant Writer will work with the Director of Grants to develop application-specific narrative, general grant language, and qualitative reports for Saga’s portfolio of private and public grants. The person assuming this role will be involved in day-to-day grant management, including but not limited to maintaining a grants calendar, overseeing the development and management of a response archive. They will also be integral to the success of Saga’s various audits.
- You will create and maintain Saga’s granting calendar
- You will create and maintain a schedule for intra-year funder updates; this will be done in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department
- You will prepare draft narratives for grant applications and reports (mainly for private, family foundations) and present them to the Director of Grants
- You will assist the Director of Grants and Advancement in contractual or compliance forms and/or paperwork
- You will create a filing system for storing and sharing grant information including: grant award letters, grant application materials, thematic narrative responses, goals and outcomes, etc.
- You will conduct research on new foundations for partnership and summarize opportunities in memos for the Director of Grants and Advancement
- You will manage record-keeping for all current and archived grants; this includes both electronic and paper documents (where necessary)
- You will participate in funding partner update meetings and screening calls with prospective funders or partners