Information Technology Assistant
- Job Type
Eagle Hill School, a private, co-educational school for students in grades 8-12 identified with learning (dis)abilities, is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking candidate for the position of Information Technology Assistant. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology. As a leader in the development of innovative technologies that support teaching, learning, student life and administrative operations, the person in this position will possess in-depth technical expertise and will provide strategic leadership, planning, and management to all areas of information technology. The successful candidate will also possess knowledge of library, media, and information systems.
The Assistant will help to develop and maintain campus-wide technology policies, procedures, services and facilities. The Assistant will work collaboratively with the IT Director to support academic faculty and staff as well as the students.
Qualified candidates will have a passion for technology and education, as well as problem solving. Attention to detail is necessary. The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field preferred and 3 to 5 years of technology-related job experience required in Windows-based environment, as well as a working knowledge of Macs. Candidate should have experience managing networks, security infrastructure, servers (including virtual), firewalls, and machine imaging.
The Assistant Information Technology is a mid-level position reporting to the Director of Information Technology and will provide assistance to the management of all areas of information technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the IT Director as well academic and administrative leadership, provide strategic planning and strong collaboration to set the direction and implement information technologies to support the school’s mission.
- Oversee the ongoing development and maintenance of the library collections; provide instruction and supervision for students and faculty utilizing library resources.
- Manage technology resources, network infrastructure, web presence, academic and administrative systems, and telephone network.
- Maintain IT system and network security technologies; institute necessary procedures to maintain a secure IT environment.
- Provide and maintain a high-quality technology support environment for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with the academic leadership to develop ways and strategies to effectively integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Establish and enforce information technology standards, procedures, and policies.
Skills and Experience:
- Preferred 3 to 5 years of Information Technology (IT) experience and proven success in managing information technology resources and services, preferably in an educational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an IT team and effective partnerships with end users as the result of effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- High commitment to quality, user-oriented services and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-standards organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking and related technologies.
- Experience with educational administrative systems such as, Blackbaud, Office 365, and Google Apps preferred.