ESL Tutor - Portuguese - Part Time, Anticipated
- Job Type
Tutors/ ESL Tutor
Bilingual Tutor Position
TITLE: Tutor (Part-time)
1. At least two years of college course work successfully completed.
2. Ability to manage student programs under the supervision of a certified staff member.
3. Proficient in English and the target language.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Experience working in a classroom.
2. Experience/training working with English Learners.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and designated ESOL Teacher
JOB GOAL: To ensure that every child assigned to him/her be provided with an ongoing educational program as directed by a certified staff member.
1. Works with a certified staff member to ascertain the educational needs and plans an instructional program for assigned students.
2. Under the supervision of a certified staff member, implements an instructional program for each assigned student.
3. Meets with assigned students on a regularly scheduled basis to provide small group instruction in a push-in setting.
4. Works collaboratively with certified staff members to discuss the progress of each assigned student.
5. Keeps and maintains reports on student progress and records of mandated weekly instructional minutes for each student.
6. Assumes responsibility for obtaining appropriate textbooks and other teaching materials from a certified staff member.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or ESOL Teacher.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation as determined by the office of Bilingual and ESOL Programs
New London Public Schools
New London, Connecticut
New London Public School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidates from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.