Special Education Teacher / Pre-K - Summer 2020
- Job Type
Summer School Teaching Positions/ Special Education Teacher
Vivian D. Adams Early Childhood Center
SUMMER SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER - Pre-K
• Under the general supervision of the Summer School Principal, to maximize the learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Provides specialized instruction and collects data on student growth as well as recommend a course of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
• Assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
• Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
• Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
• Serves as liaison between home and school.
• Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings.
• Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping.
• Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
• Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
• Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
• Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
• Knowledge of data information systems and data analysis.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
• Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
• Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
• Works in standard school building and office environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
• Illinois State Licensure with LBSI - Special Education Teacher endorsement.
• Must be Highly Qualified in High School English, Math, Science and Social Sciences..
• Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
• Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
• Successful prior special education teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
Summer School positions will be selected by a point system in accordance with Article XVII - Summer School of the 1220 contract. External applicants will only be considered if there is no internal candidate available with the specified qualifications.
This is Summer School Position and does not constitute permanent hire in District 189 for 2019-2020 school year.
More searches like this
- Teaching Early Childhood Summer jobs in East Saint Louis
- Early Childhood / Daycare Teacher Early Childhood Summer jobs in East Saint Louis
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher Early Childhood Summer jobs in East Saint Louis
- Special Education Teacher Early Childhood Summer jobs in East Saint Louis