Tlingit Language Teacher (Harborview Elementary School)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Elementary School Teaching/ Elementary Teacher
Open until filled
Location: Harborview Elementary School
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
TEACHING POSITION: Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement (s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ).
Position Summary: This position is responsible for working on an elementary level Tlingit language scope and sequence, developing teaching lessons, and teaching Tlingit language with an emphasis on proper protocols and effective strategies for conveying traditional language and culture.
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement or valid Alaska Type M limited certificate (requires that the individual demonstrate subject-matter expertise in Alaska Native language or culture) (visit http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification for details on Alaska certification), or ability to obtain Alaska certification.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education from an accredited university.
- Experience speaking and teaching Tlingit language is essential.
- Ability to manage students in a structured school setting.
- Experience teaching using multi-sensory or promising practices in second language learning.
- Commitment to teaming.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan.
Visit our website at www.juneauschools.org to complete an electronic application.