Teacher, 2020-2021 School Year (All Subject and Grades K-12)
- Job Type
Title: Teacher (All Subjects and Grades K-12)
Reports To: Principal
Term: 10 Months, 2020-2021 School Year
To join our team, please visit our website to submit an online application.
Please note that only applications received through this link will be considered.
About Our School
The mission of the New Foundations Charter School is to provide students with the academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high-achieving, socially competent stewards of their communities. The teachers and staff of New Foundations Charter School will ensure a commitment to lifelong learning and achievement of all of our students by creating an atmosphere of caring that pervades every aspect of school life and promotes responsibility for all members of our school community.
With the transition to new CEO leadership in 2018, the school embarked on a strategic planning process to craft a vision for its future. That Vision for Impact is that by June 2025, New Foundations provides daily opportunities for all students to engage in rigorous academic preparation, integrated and well-rounded character development, and inclusive and expansive specials and extracurricular activities that prepare them for individualized post-secondary success.
As an open enrollment public charter school, we seek to prepare each student for the college, career and service opportunity of their choice. New Foundations Charter School currently educates 1,500 students across a K-8 & High School campus in Northeast Philadelphia. The K-8 and High School buildings are located within walking distance of each other and include recent renovations and are well-maintained to provide a positive learning environment for students and staff.
New Foundations opened in 2000 and has had a strong, positive presence in its Northeast neighborhood of Philadelphia throughout the past 20 years. New Foundations is highly-regarded on various academic performance measures compared with other Philadelphia charter and district schools and we have an admissions wait-list of over 7,000 students.
All staff at New Foundations Charter School are expected to:
- Embrace our mission and embody our vision for New Foundations’ future;
- Model our core values of being student-focused, serving our community and consistently engaging in solutions-oriented and caring conversations;
- Welcome the opportunity to be constantly challenged to grow, learn and improve;
- Demonstrate integrity in all interactions and activities;
- Have a track record of success and achievement within an environment of limited resources;
- Have a passion for teaching and working with students and the ability to build meaningful connections across the school community.
Teachers at New Foundations Charter School are expected to:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with a record of academic achievement;
- Possess valid Pennsylvania teacher certification for relevant areas of instruction and grades K-12;
- Demonstrate expertise and enthusiasm for relevant areas of instruction;
- Preferably possess a minimum of two years of relevant teaching experience;
- Preferably possess prior teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Develop and implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments in cooperation with New Foundation’s leadership team and curricular resources.
- Deliver the curriculum in an appropriate manner consistent with the student’s educational levels.
- Ensure that the Standards of the State of Pennsylvania and New Foundations Charter School are incorporated in daily, weekly, monthly, and long term lesson plans.
- Adapt the curriculum for individual student’s needs.
- Maintain/write individual learning plans for each student.
- Provide for the needs of special education students placed in classroom.
- Prepare achievement reports (report cards/progress reports/etc).
- Administer school assessments and mandated standardized assessments.
- Maintain and record student’s achievement (homework/quizzes/tests/etc.)
- In partnership with school leadership, analyze assessments that measure progress towards academic standards and use this assessment data to inform and differentiate instructional practices
- Maintain an effective, creative, and balanced learning environment that meets the needs of all students.
- Enforce the school’s discipline policies and code of conduct.
- Maintain student records including attendance, behavioral and academic. Ensure that all student records are secured.
- Maintain proactive communication with parents/guardians about their student’s academic progress and wellbeing.
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Maintain a warm and “friendly” classroom.
- Maintain a safe and clean learning environment that is free of hazards.
- Allow for the students to utilize the space in the room to enhance their learning.
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication.
- Collaborate with other professionals in regard to student’s development and achievement.
- Exhibit a professional image and demeanor at all time.
- Commit to continual professional growth.
- Attend all professional development meetings and faculty/staff meetings.
- Participate and support grade-level activities and school-wide functions throughout the school-year.
- Adhere to school schedule and be punctual for work and meetings.
- Maintain an effective and positive relationship with colleagues, staff and supervisors.
- Professionally and effectively communicate with all colleagues, staff and supervisors.
- Become a member of the school community, building strong relationships and being highly engaged.
- Do whatever else is necessary or requested to provide students with the academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high achieving, socially competent stewards of their communities.
Compensation and Benefits
New Foundations Charter School offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Elementary Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Math Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Science Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Philadelphia