Leadership Public Schools is a non-profit charter school development organization based in San Francisco. We are opening a network of outstanding charter high schools in California. Leadership schools serve ethnically and economically diverse student bodies and are located in or near low-income neighborhoods. Our first campus opened in Richmond in 2003, and we are opening one additional campus in the Bay Area in 2004.
The success of our small schools (maximum of 450 students) will rest on six pillars of educational excellence that we believe are essential to academic performance:
• Rigorous college preparatory academics.
• Significant personal attention: small schools and small class sizes, with a strong academic support program.
• Extensive use of technology for pedagogy, administration, and evaluation.
• Four-year high school leadership development program for all students.
• A talented staff rigorously selected for subject matter expertise, collegiality, and experience with urban youth, supported by an extensive professional development program.
• Parent and community involvement in all aspects of student learning and school operation.