English/Language Arts Coordinator
Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools | Chapel Hill NC 27516 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 05/24/2012
Title: English/Language Arts Coordinator
1. Certification and successful experience as a reading teacher or middle school Language Arts teacher; English/Language Arts Coordinator experience preferred.
2. Master’s Degree in education, preferably reading or literacy.
3. Supervisor’s certificate preferred.
4. Such alternatives or additional qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Services
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership in the development, implementation, and coordination of the K-12 English Language Arts curriculum.
1. In collaboration with Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Services, provides vision, leadership, and articulation for English Language Arts curriculum and instruction.
2. In collaboration with building Principals, evaluates district Literacy Coaches.
3. Assists teachers and coaches in understanding and using coherent, research-based, and field-tested approaches for literacy lesson design, instruction, assessment and reflection. Provides instructional strategies and tools to aid the instructional process.
4. Ensures that teachers and principals are familiar with any changes to the North Carolina curriculum related to English Language Arts; develops and implements curricular guides on English Language Arts.
5. Convenes periodic meetings of language arts teachers, reading teachers and department chairpersons; attends department and general staff meetings as required.
6. Works to maintain continuity between the elementary, middle and secondary English Language Arts instructional programs.
7. Coordinates and provides professional development opportunities for English Language Arts curriculum and instruction.
8. Models best practices in literacy instruction.
9. Assist with the overall evaluation of English Language Arts curriculum and instruction in the system and develops strategies for improvement.
10. Regularly articulates district literacy goals and initiatives to parents, teachers, administrators, and the community.
11. Initiates and maintains effective liaison with other school districts.
12. Performs such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Salary: adopted NC schedule plus local supplement
Apply online by completing the NC application for certified vacancies. In addition to the online application, candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. List "English/Language Arts Coordinator" in the subject line of the message.
Complete the NC application on the following website: http://schooljobs.dpi.state.nc.us/Home. The application site incorporates many North Carolina School Districts. Please be sure to apply to the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools.
We look forward to speaking with you.
|Location||Chapel Hill, NC, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Teaching field||English/Language Arts|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|