Director of Leadership
Pearson Education | US USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 11/02/2012
The Director of Leadership is responsible for leading efforts related to developing and implementing a strategy for School Achievement Services and leading the development of offerings related to Leadership. The Director will serve as a national Thought Leader and functions as an expert for the business in Leadership. The Director represents SAS and Pearson to the education and policy community by participating in forums, and other professional meetings.
- Lead and produce scholarly work as it relates to School Achievement Services.
- Develop innovative and content expertise in Leadership.
- Develop and facilitate training driven by best practice in adult learning.
- Maintain and actively share up to date knowledge about Leadership as it relates to school and district improvement and schools and districts moving from good to great.
- Train regional experts and National College in Leadership.
- Serve as the Leadership expert for National College and Field Services.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D in education or related field (ABD will be considered)
- Deep knowledge of Leadership as it applies to K-12 education.
- Evidence of scholarly work.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with colleagues, practitioners and departments or other business units.
- Experience with English Language Learners, experience in diverse settings, or bilingual background desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in K-12 teaching and administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership development, and research-based practices.
- Excellent communication, public relations, and leadership skills.
- Proven abilities to manage complex project and initiatives.
- Experience using a variety of technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
Skills/knowledge/abilities Other Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willingness to travel.
Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment is important.
Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful performance in this role.
|Location||US, United States|
|Categories||Director/Manager/Coordinator, Deputy/Assistant Superintendent|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|