Senior Data Quality Partner
Prince George's County Public Schools | Upper Marlboro MD 20772 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 05/20/2014
Prince George’s County Public Schools
14201 School Lane • Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772 • www.pgcps.org
POSITION TITLE: Senior Data Quality Partner
ORGANIZATION/LOCATION: Human Resources Strategy & Workforce Planning
REPORTS TO: Director, Human Resources Strategy and Workforce Planning
JOB CODE: 75
CLASSIFICATION: ASASP Unit III, Grade 32
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources Strategy and Workforce Planning, the Human Resources Senior Data Quality Partner has the responsibility for transforming Human Resources capacity as a data-driven organization. The Senior Partner works with division leadership to provide vision, strategy, oversight, coordination and management of data quality and data management programs that drive workforce planning and strategic decision making. The Senior Partner provides oversight, managerial leadership and support to the data quality team and sets the vision and priorities around data quality and data management programs, data collection, analyses, and reporting. The Senior Partner leads the effort to build the use of data as an integral and embedded component of the overall Human Resources culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Implements strategic programs to improve the overall quality of Human Resources/Human Capital data and analytics by executing a coherent strategy that improves existing processes and systems;
- Serves as Human Resources lead to build an information technology roadmap for improved data collection, management and reporting;
- Provides direct oversight, management, leadership, supervision and support to assigned data quality team members; Manages the day to day workflow of the unit to deliver strategic and effective services to the division and organization;
- Develops efficient reporting and analysis systems and processes for operational and non-operational data by leveraging current HRIS systems and incorporating other systems;
- Ensures end users at all levels receive accurate data and the right data in a timely manner; Builds staff capacity around the use of data and data driven decision making;
- Collaborates and works directly with IT, Budget, Finance, Grants, and other operational units to deliver on strategic goals and priorities by developing, creating and delivering strong data sets, systems and processes;
- Supports the integration, interpretation and translation of business functional areas data requirements;
- Advises Human Resources leadership on best practices and new technologies; participates in new technology assessments and makes appropriate recommendations;
- Serves as lead for all Human Resources metrics; Oversees the day to day data quality and management operations and reporting;
- Analyze data programs to identify patterns, trends and areas for process improvements;
- Supervises and supports the design and delivery of custom and standard reporting, to inform Human Resources workforce strategies;
- Conducts data quality and management efficiency and accuracy assessments and makes recommendations concerning collection of new data and the refinement of existing data collection;
- Assess new technologies that will assist in providing Human Resources metrics to school leadership to enhance business decisions;
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Five years of progressively responsible Human Resources data analysis experience or in a relevant technical field. Extensive experience with technology applications and systems (i.e. Oracle) and experience working in large organizations.
- Understands human resources/human capital, budget, and information technology language to communicate effective across varied groups.
- Demonstrated successful supervisory experience including the ability to lead assigned staff through managing change;
- Experience with predictive analysis, forecasting , knowledge management, data analysis and HRIS;
- Strong project management and problem solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple work streams and members of the organization at different levels, backgrounds and skill sets;
- Extensive proficiency and working knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence, transactional (HRIS, Payroll, Budget) databases and nonoperational (staffing, forecasting, data warehouse) databases used by PGCPS;
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection;
- Ability to analyze and present data, prepare reports and make presentations;
- Must be able to draw logical conclusions and make recommendations; and perceive organizational implications of decisions and recommendations;
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise manner;
- Considerable knowledge of public school administration and policies;
- Strong technology and analytical skills
The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Results driven with experience in project management
- Strong capacity building abilities
- Ability to train others for success
- Business acumen
- Accuracy and high quality customer service
- Coaching, consulting, supervision
- Drives innovation; Relentless about results with a strong sense of urgency
- Optimizes talent and performance management
- Courage; Cultural sensitivity
- Effective communication; High collaboration
- Committed partner, personal credibility
- Influences and networks
- Human resources measurement, assessment, and evaluation
- Technology utilization including human resource information systems
- Data driven, analyze issues and shift priorities, cope with ambiguity
- Maintains confidentiality
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Information Technology or a related technical field from an accredited college or university. Five years of progressively responsible data management and analysis experience with three years in Human Resources or in a relevant technical field. Extensive experience with technology applications and systems (i.e. Oracle) and experience working in large organizations. Deep knowledge of best practices in HR; or a combination of equivalent of five years of education and specialized experience and skills that would meet the position requirements
Master’s Degree in the stated areas. Experience working in an urban school district or comparable governmental/public sector work preferred. Three years of demonstrated successful supervisory experience.
Supervises assigned staff
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Highly demanding and fast-paced environment; frequently required to work long hours and weekends. Annual leave may be limited during specified timeframes. Local and non-local travel may be required.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please list the position number -IRC 72001- and position name in the subject line of your email. Applicants must submit the requested information to the specified email address to be considered for the position. Prince George’s County Public Schools is looking to fill this role for upcoming fiscal year.
|Location||Upper Marlboro, MD, United States|
|Categories||Human Resources/Talent Management, Technology/CIO, Evaluation/Assessment/Testing, Research|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|