Middle School Learning Specialist (Special Education Teacher)
TEAM Schools | Newark NJ 07102 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 05/29/2013
Here at TEAM Schools, we’re looking for a middle school learning specialist (special education teacher) for the 2013-14 school year! We’re always looking for top talent to join our two established middle schools, TEAM Academy and Rise Academy, to help us continue to make Newark a city of world class public education.
Why join TEAM? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, teamwork and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join TEAM Schools, visit our website here.
Why else? Working at a growing school is a lot of fun, which we think is super important!
Being part of our team gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but with great power also comes great responsibility. Here are some of them:
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Modify and build your curriculum to make it your best, working closely with the dean of instruction and the science department
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Teach guided reading to small groups of kids to remediate and challenge each student
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide you plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
- A desire to have fun everyday
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success and planning in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a high-performing school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, TEAM Charter Schools offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About TEAM Schools
TEAM Charter Schools is a network of high-performing urban schools in Newark, NJ. We founded TEAM Academy in 2002, and have opened four additional schools since (Rise Academy, Newark Collegiate Academy, SPARK Academy, and THRIVE Academy) and will continue to grow until we have ten schools across the city of Newark. For more information about us, our values, and what it’s like to be here, check out our website at www.teamschools.org.
Please visit www.teamschools.org/jobs and apply directly to the middle school learning specialist position. Please upload a resume and complete the online application and we’ll be in touch soon!
|Location||Newark, NJ, United States|
|Organization Type||Charter School|
|Grade Level||Middle School/Junior High|
|Teaching field||Special Education|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|