Elementary Learning Specialist
TEAM Schools | Newark NJ 07102 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 05/29/2013
We’re looking for an elementary learning specialist for the 2013-14 school year! We’re growing THRIVE Academy, our network’s second elementary school, and need awesome teachers to help put our students on the path to college from the first day of kindergarten. Learning specialists work with home room teachers and co-teachers to support students who struggle with basic skills or have lower levels than their peers. They mostly teach small group pull-out or push-in lessons, and meticulously track student performance data.
Why join TEAM? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join TEAM Schools, visit our website here.
Being an learning specialist at one of our schools gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but comes with huge responsibilities.
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as: conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Extensively plan curriculum for the academic year in a specific subject
- Plan small group lessons for a variety of subjects
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success and planning in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a growing school environment where things change all the time
- Preferably special education teaching experience
In addition to a competitive salary, TEAM Charter Schools offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About TEAM Schools
TEAM Charter Schools is a network of high-performing urban schools in Newark, NJ. We founded TEAM Academy in 2002, and have opened four additional schools since (Rise Academy, Newark Collegiate Academy, SPARK Academy, and THRIVE Academy) and will continue to grow until we have ten schools across the city of Newark. For more information about us, our values, and what it’s like to be here, check out our website at www.teamschools.org.
Please visit www.teamschools.org/jobs and apply directly to the elementary learning specialist position. Please upload a resume and complete the online application and we’ll be in touch soon!
|Location||Newark, NJ, United States|
|Organization Type||Charter School|
|Grade Level||Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6|
|Teaching field||Elementary Education, Special Education|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|