Blackstone-Millville Regional School District | -Multiple Locations- | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 11/14/2013
The School Committee of the Blackstone-Millville Regional School District in Massachusetts invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
Located in the southeastern corner of Worcester County, the towns of Blackstone (population 9,026) and Millville (population 3,190) were first settled in 1662. In 1667, this area of the Massachusetts Bay Colony became the town of Mendon.
As the birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution, the proximity of the Blackstone and Mill Rivers allowed for development of various manufacturing mills and plants in the 18th Century, leading to the formation of the “South Parish.”
In 1845, several of the villages of the South Parish, including the village of Millville, were incorporated as the Town of Blackstone. In 1916, the westernmost section of Blackstone and the home of much of the manufacturing operations was incorporated as a separate town, known as Millville.
The Blackstone-Millville Regional School District serves 1,882 students, has a 135-member teaching staff and is overseen by an elected eight-member School Committee, with four members from each town. The district is comprised of five schools: the Blackstone-Millville Regional High School, the Frederick W. Hartnett Middle School, the Millville Elementary School, the John F. Kennedy Elementary School and the Augustine F. Maloney Elementary School. The FY 2014 school district budget is $20 million.
The Blackstone-Millville staff and community know that all students can learn and meet high standards. They expect students to be engaged in a supportive, learning focused community. The Blackstone-Millville School Committee understands that leadership is a key element in successful schools. They seek a dedicated, innovative leader who will encourage and foster utilization of best practices and who will proactively seek areas of improvement, develop and research options and propose solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with a dedicated staff and an involved community to maintain and foster a safe, healthy and intellectually stimulating learning environment.
- License or eligibility for licensure as a superintendent of schools in Massachusetts is required
- Master’s Degree required, Doctorate preferred
- Minimum of five years of administrative experience and a minimum of five years teaching experience in a K-12 system; central office experience preferred.
- A deep understanding of Massachusetts regional school district finance and business operations.
- An ability to successfully oversee the continued implementation of the Massachusetts curriculum frameworks based on the Common Core Learning Standards, the Massachusetts Educator Evaluation Program, technology integration, successful special education programs, standards-aligned formative assessment and data-driven decision making.
- An understanding of, and proven success dealing with issues relating to interest-based bargaining and developing partnerships to provide a 21st Century education for our students.
The Blackstone-Millville Regional School Committee will offer the successful candidate a multi-year contract with regionally competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Arthur L. Bettencourt/Dr. Carolyn J. Burke, Blackstone-Millville RSD Superintendent Search, New England School Development Council (NESDEC), 28 Lord Road, Marlborough, MA 01752. Telephone: 508-481-9444, Email: email@example.com.
To download an application, go to: www.nesdec.org
It is anticipated that the review of applications will begin on January 10, 2014 with interviews scheduled shortly thereafter. The starting date is on or about July 1, 2014.
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood, Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|City||State Code||Postal Code||Country|
|Contact Name||Arthur Bettencourt|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|