Associate Product Manager
Wireless Generation | Brooklyn NY 11201 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 02/05/2013
The Associate Product Manager will assist in the development and production of Wireless Generation’s digital curriculum products. In this role, the Associate Product Manager will work closely with and coordinate the efforts of personnel from various departments at Wireless Generation with the goal of creating innovative products and features within our K-12 curriculum. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for working with the broader product management team to successfully bringing new products to market. The Associate Product Manager also assists product managers and company executives in the development of software for assessment and instruction, from concept to retirement.
Responsibilities of Associate Product Manager:
- Research - Becomes a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains.
- Strategy - Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding market for current and potential products.
- Planning - Works collaboratively to plan product build, design and launch phases.
- Product design - Works with design/usability department to determine product presentation/design.
- Development - Works with a team of project managers and developers to build products.
- Usability/product pilots - Works with usability department and external focus groups to beta test products.
- Marketing - Works with customers, sales, marketing, account management and outside third-party partners to identify and analyze market opportunities and evaluate competitive offerings.
- Launch - Collaborates on product launch planning and implementation.
- Enhancements - Tracks product market response to recommend future enhancements.
Basic Requirements of Associate Product Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in K12 product development, research or related field
- Demonstrated interest in education and product development
- Proven communications experience including speaking in public, creating and delivering presentations, and comfort speaking with a variety of constituencies
- Proven ability to think and act strategically
- Willingness to travel 1 – 2 times per month
Preferred Requirements of Associate Product Manager:
- Passion for technology and education
- 2+ years of experience in educational technology environment
- Ability to successfully communicate product requirements and articulate potential product challenges
- Experience developing and implementing business plans
- Ability to successfully promote a product within a niche community is preferred
- Comfort with approaching potential new partners and with working with all levels of employees and business partners
|Location||Brooklyn, NY, United States|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|