Page County Public Schools | Luray VA 22835 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 08/24/2012
Announcement of Superintendent Search
Page County Public Schools
Luray, Virginia 22835
The School Board of Page County Public Schools invites applications and nominations for the position of Superintendent.
The Page Valley is situated between the Massanutten and Blue Ridge Mountains, and bordered on two sides by the George Washington National Forest and Shenandoah National Park. Page County consists of three towns, Shenandoah, Stanley and Luray, the county seat and home of the Luray Caverns; the county is located approximately 90 miles west of Washington, D.C. Primary sources of income for the approximately 25,000 residents are agricultural and tourism.
Page County is home to 4 elementary schools, 2 middle schools (established in 2009), 2 high schools, and a technical education center. The student enrollment of approximately 3466 is supported by 310 professional instructional personnel, 26 administrative personnel and 308 support personnel. The 2012-2013 operating budget is $36,905,502 (includes $4,068,828 in Debt Service).
- A person of high integrity and vision for student success; this person will have the ability to adapt to the specific needs of Page County.
- Strong record of successful experience in the areas of instruction and curriculum, and familiarity with Virginia Standards.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of school finance with an ability to lobby for school funding.
- Ability to create an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect through community accessibility; superior listening skills; capacity to advocate school issues and needs.
- Shared decision-making approach to administration; effective leadership in goal setting and planning.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, preferably as a school superintendent or assistant superintendent, with additional experience as a director, principal and classroom teacher.
- Evidence of continuing advanced studies; doctorate preferred.
- Qualification for the Eligibility List of Superintendents in Virginia. (Questions concerning the eligibility requirements should be directed to Patty S. Pitts, Office of Licensure, Virginia State Department of Education, P.O. Box 2120, Richmond, VA 23218-2120; Telephone (804) 225-2022.
The candidate selected for the position must agree to become a resident of Page County within 90 days after assuming the duties of the position.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Applications and supporting documents should be submitted on or before August 31, 2012 to:
Dr. Morgan Phenix, Chair
Page County School Board
P.O. Box 245
Luray, VA 22835
The Virginia School Boards Association is assisting the School Board with the search process. Candidates should not make contact with individual Page County School Board members. Inquiries should be directed to Ms. Gina Patterson, Assistant Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 295-8722, Virginia School Boards Association, 200 Hansen Road, Suite 2, Charlottesville, VA 22911 or email@example.com. If you would like an electronic version of the application, please visit the VSBA website at www.vsba.org. For additional information on Page County Public Schools please visit the school website at http://eclipse.pagecounty.k12.va.us.
|Location||Luray, VA, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Contact Name||Gina Patterson|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|