Parker School | Kamuela HI 96743 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 04/20/2017
Parker School seeks a Technology Teacher for the 2017-18 school year to teach middle and upper school students in a college-preparatory environment. The school has launched a new technology curriculum and the Technology Teacher will play an integral role in developing this program.
This full-time faculty member will teach two sections of upper school semester-based courses; one section of upper school robotics, to include out-of-class competitions and events; one section of middle school electives; and will support the middle school tech/robotics club. This position will also be responsible for communicating with students, families and colleagues, and will fulfill basic faculty duties.
Qualifications for this position include a bachelor’s degree in a related field (advanced degree preferred) and prior experience teaching middle and/or upper school students. Experience in robotics coaching is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of diverse programming languages leading to tangible student outcomes such as web pages, 3D printing and fabrication, animation, games, and apps.
- Ability to implement curricula for upper school technology classes and electives, such as:
- Computer Science Applications & App Design
- Web Foundations & Design
- 3D Printing & Fabrication
- Animation & Game Design Principles
- Ability to teach middle school introductory classes and electives, such as:
- Technology Basics
- Design & Modeling
- Computer Science
- Willingness and ability to learn, participate, and be active in a private school community; strong problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, and teamwork skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills; self-motivated with high work standards and attention to detail.
NOTE: Parker School is also seeking a part-time Informational Technology Assistant to support the Technology Director. Candidates who are qualified to teach some but not all of the components of the Technology Teacher position and are qualified for the IT Assistant position are encouraged to apply.
|Location||Kamuela, HI, United States|
|Organization Type||Independent/Private School|
|Grade Level||Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Experience Years||1 yrs|
|How to apply||A resume is required to apply to this job. Applications are sent to employer via email. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|