This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
SOUTHAMPTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Long Island, New York
This diverse, highly-regarded, 1500-student school district on the
beautiful south shore of Long Island is seeking a
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
The successful candidate will have demonstrated evidence as:
• An educator with proven experience in helping a diverse school district
establish and implement a Vision for excellence in program planning and
student achievement, utilizing a K-12 well-articulated curriculum
• An honest, intelligent, fiscally responsible and equitable leader whose
decisions are characterized by fairness and integrity
• A strong educational leader, committed to a system of inclusiveness for
students, staff and community, with superior communication skills (internally
and externally) who respects and utilizes a collaborative style of leadership
with a school district’s diverse stakeholders
• A visible and accessible administrator who will, over an extended period of
time, come to know the students, staff and families of the school district
and become an active part of the many diverse components of the Southampton community
• An administrator capable of mentoring new administrative staff and of ensuring that all district staff are provided with opportunities to maximize
their own professional growth and development
Candidates must possess or be eligible for New York State certification as
a School District Leader (SDL) or School District Administrator (SDA).
The position offers a regionally-competitive compensation package.
CONFIDENTIAL ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 31, 2013
Please go to the School Leadership web site
(www.leadschools.us) and click on the on-line
application link under Current Vacancies.
To learn more about the Southampton School District,
An Equal Opportunity Employer