This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
East Hampton, CT
The School Board of East Hampton Connecticut is seeking a strategic student and community centered leader capable of inspiring faculty, staff and community members to exceptional performance.
East Hampton is located in Middlesex County, 20 miles south of the State Capitol of Hartford. East Hampton's picturesque countryside along with its beautiful lake has proven attractive to those who seek a typical New England small town with easy access to city centers. This ambiance has made it one of the fastest growing and safest towns in Connecticut. East Hampton's Public Schools has approximately 2,076 students enrolled in grades Pre-K through 12.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• A proven ability to foster instructional change and support strategic implementation of commonly owned system goals;
• Skill in developing and implementing a district-wide organizational structure that supports high quality education;
• Communicates well with all stakeholders;
• A creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
• A life-long passion for education with an approach that promotes a high level of student achievement and continual system-wide improvement;
• Skills in leveraging technology in a manner that promotes communication and a well-integrated, data-driven approach to education;
• A history of collaborative team building and inclusive leadership that incorporates the needs, thoughts and priorities of teachers, administrators, community members, parents and town officials ;
• An ability to promote the East Hampton schools locally and state-wide in a way that showcases the quality of what they offer students and families;
• A thorough knowledge of educational issues, best practices and methods for meeting the individual needs of each East Hampton student;
• Proven skills in developing and implementing cost effective budgets and developing revenue sources that support system-wide goals and vision.
• Recruiting, developing and retaining high quality personnel.
Applicants must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Superintendent of Schools in the state of Connecticut. Experience as a central office administrator and teacher is preferred. Salary and benefits are highly competitive. Please send a letter of application, current resume, copy of transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation to:
Beth Saunders, Executive Assistant
East Hampton Search
Future Management Systems, Inc.
900 Cummings Center, Suite 214U, Beverly MA 01910
Deadline for application is October 31, 2012. The actual start date is flexible falling somewhere between January 2013 and July 1, 2013. For further information, please contact Beth at: (978) 998-6782 X11 or write to email@example.com