Family Urban Schools of Excellence | Baton Rouge LA 70805 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/14/2014
Start Date: June/July, 2014
Location: FUSE at Dalton Academy, Baton Rouge, LA
About Family Urban Schools of Excellence:
Embracing the philosophy of Jumoke – “a child is loved” – the mission of Family Urban Schools of Excellence (FUSE) is to prepare children to successfully compete in the global market place, overcoming any cultural, social or economic challenges. FUSE believes in the power of transformational educational practice. We refuse to accept any easy victories in this work. Every day our educators and administrators take on the challenge of transforming the lives of their students, families and colleagues by striving for excellence against all odds. The results we achieve transform the realm of what is possible for children who might otherwise never have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Our commitment to changing the face of public education through excellence in charter school management encompasses bold partnerships with traditional districts in addition to our core work of creating new high-quality charter school seats. For more information about the FUSE mission, model, our schools and team, please visit our website at www.fuse180.org.
About the Executive Director:
FUSE invites strategic and dynamic leaders to apply the position of Executive Director for the 2014-2015 school year. This is an ideal position for a strong leader with experience in supporting the growth and strategic development of multiple schools, systems and project management. The Executive Director will work with the current FUSE leadership to serve as the Executive Director for a growing portfolio of schools in Baton Rouge and Louisiana.
The Executive Director is a district-level leader who collaborates with district leadership to ensure that the mission of FUSE is being fulfilled: that teachers and students have the tools they need to succeed, that instruction is being delivered at the level of excellence. The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to inspire, lead, guide, and direct every member of the district and school leadership in setting and achieving the highest standards of social and academic excellence, so that each student enrolled in FUSE schools may be provided with a complete, valuable, meaningful and personally rewarding education. Further to oversee and administer the use of all district facilities, property, and funds with a maximum of efficiency, and an ever-present, overriding concern for their impact upon each student's education.
- Master’s degree from a competitive college or university; MBA preferred.
At least six years successful experience as an administrator/executive in the corporate and/or government sector responsible for staff supervision, management, policy and financial matters.
- Experience working with state educational agencies, elementary schools and teaching colleges is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and develop collaborative-team programs with other professionals, including parent groups and community organization.
- Prior successful professional experiences that demonstrate an above average understanding and working knowledge of the following agencies, programs and regulations:
- State, federal and local government education agencies
- Charter School Mandates and Regulations
- Working knowledge of the educational laws of the State of Louisiana pertaining to the operation of public schools.
- Community organizations, parent organizations and the corporate sector, private and public universities
- Private and public funding foundations, agencies and resources
- A working understanding of the federal legislation “No Child Left Behind” and the implementation on a public urban school
Essential Responsibilities of the Executive Director include but are not limited to:
Administration and Oversight
- Attends and participates in all meetings of the Board and its committees.
- Collaborates with the Academic Director in the development and maintenance of a positive educational program designed to meet the needs of its community of students and to carry out the policies of the board and laws of the State of Connecticut.
- Advises the board on the need for new or revised policies and sees that all policies of the board are implemented. Prepares and submits to the Board of Directors recommendations relative to all matters requiring Board action providing the Board such necessary facts, information, and reports as needed to make informed decisions.
- Attends Parent Association Meetings when requested; actively updating parents on the status of school matters particularly as it pertains to policy, legal, legislative and public policy matters and other concerns and issues raised by the parents.
- Acts on his/her own discretion if emergency action is necessary in any matter not covered by Board policy; reporting such action to the Board as soon as practicable, and recommends policy in order to provide policy for occurrences in the future.
- Informs, and advises the Board in a timely matter about the programs, practices, progress, academic and program changes and problems/successes of the schools.
- Insures implementation of all laws/ regulations, and policies and has final say on all conflicts in decisions necessary for the proper operation of the school.
- May from time to time in coordination with the Academic Director and Principals hold such meetings of teachers and other employees as necessary for the discussion of district matters concerning the improvement and welfare of the schools.
- Delegates at own discretion to other employees of the exercise of proper powers within the Executive Directors’s jurisdiction. Such delegation shall not relieve the CEO of final responsibility for the action taken under such delegation.
- Causes to be formulated with the specific advice and participation of the district and school leadership, school objectives, policies, plans, and programs; prepares (or causes to be prepared) such facts and explanations necessary to assist the Board in its duty of legislation for the school.
- Conducts with the advice and active participation of district leadership a periodic audit of the total, school program, and advises the Board on the educational and programmatic advancement of the schools.
- Participates in the hiring of all professional and nonprofessional personnel ensuring the hiring of the best qualified and most competent staff. Suspends any employee for just cause and reports such suspension to the board.
- Recommends to the board for final action the promotion, salary changes, demotion or dismissal of any employee (within the boundary of law and board policy).
- Supervise the preparation and presentation of the annual budget and recommends it to the board for approval and implements the board approved budget.
- Establishes and maintains with the advice and active participation of the Financial Administrator efficient procedures and effective controls for all expenditures of school funds in accordance with the adopted budget.
- Oversees directly or through delegation the processing and submission of required state, federal and other reports; maintains adequate records for the school, including a system of financial accounts, business and property records and personnel, school population and scholastic records.
- Acts as custodian of such records and of all contracts, securities, documents, title papers, books of records and other papers.
- Keeps informed of modern educational thought and practices by advanced study, by visiting school systems elsewhere, by attending educational conferences and by other appropriate means and keeps the Board, staff and parents informed of trends in education.
Terms of Employment & Work Schedule
Twelve month work year. Standard administrator work schedule, including attendance at Board meetings and other meetings as needed.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, FUSE offers a comprehensive benefits package.
VIEW POSTING AND APPLY
To view additional information on this position and to apply, please visit www.fuse180.org/careers.
FUSE is an equal opportunity employer and people from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA, United States|
|Organization Type||Charter School|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood, Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6|
|Experience Years||6 yrs|
|Contact Name||FUSE HR|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|