Director, Improvement and Impact Design Team
- Job Type
Battelle for Kids is seeking a Director of Improvement and Impact, Design Team to provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership to the development of content and the delivery of face-to-face and/or online courses in areas of learning related to the strategic direction of BFK. These include, but are not limited to, 21st Century Learning, strategic planning, instructional improvement, curriculum alignment, data analysis and innovative teaching.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the direction of the Chief Innovation Officer, deliver strategic counsel and subject matter expertise to clients in areas of learning related to 21st Century Educational Systems and the strategic direction of BFK.
- Represent Battelle for Kids in consultation, coaching, learning and limited speaking engagements with clients and partners.
- Serve as an innovation and thought leader on Battelle for Kids’ Improvement and Impact design team and for the organization in general.
- Provide thought leadership with research, writing and presentations for BFK.
- Design and create tools such as training materials, guides and multi-media tools to help educators improve their practice.
- Collaborate with internal staff on various projects to ensure project success and organizational growth.
- Analyze feedback on BFK professional development events and make adjustments for improvement.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and development, keeping current on trends and issues related to content and issues related to the strategic direction of BFK.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequent travel to support clients and contracts is expected (up to 50%).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Possesses a thorough understanding of subject matter. Well-developed interpersonal, relationship-building, problem-solving and organizational skills. Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of current trends and issues in the education business. Knowledge of the organizational operations and strategies involved in school leadership. Ability to collaborate and communicate with various stakeholder groups. Flexible and able to manage in a creative team environment. Strong background including training and experience in the components of a 21st Century Educational System. Ability to work with clients to discern their needs and propose a solution to get them there.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Master’s degree in education, curriculum and instruction, or professional/organizational development. Experience collaborating with teams of individuals focusing on the growth of team members while, at the same time, delivering quality service to the field. Experience in the field of education as a teacher, instructional coach and/or curriculum director a plus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a
list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time.