The job of Teacher - ELL was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for developing English Learner students' ability to effectively perform courses of study in the English language; supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students ‘parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
• Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans and building academic English and content knowledge.
• Administers tests and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student language ability.
• Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student achievement; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment. Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
• Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal instructs English learner students for the purpose of improving their success in academics and skills.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment. Models English communication for the purpose of developing student ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
• Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment. Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. GEITS, IEPs, teacher/parent meetings, data meetings) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to optimize student learning.
Bachelors degree in job related area.
Teachers Certification and/or License
TN ESL endorsement