Treasurer - Columbus City Schools
Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates | Columbus OH 43215 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/25/2014
District and Community Facts
- Ohio’s largest school district with 50,800 students and 6,571 staff members
- Total operating expenditures are $761.3 million; revenues are $733.6 million of which 56% is from local taxes and 44% from State and Federal sources.
- Strengths of the District include:
- Strong parent, business and government interest and support
- Higher education partnerships
- Student achievement advances
- Support services to students and athletic programs
- New facilities
- Excellent quality of life in the Columbus Community.
Treasurer Position Overview
- Reports to the Board of Education
- Administers the financial, legal and contractual business of the District
- Serves as the chief fiscal officer and supervises payroll and accounts payable
- Prepares budgets and projections of revenues and expenditures
- Cooperates with District administrators in other matters, including bond sales, preparations for negotiations and maintenance of records and communications with state and federal agencies
- Acts as secretary to the Board; keeps minutes and oversees records matters
- Performs other functions as set forth in the Ohio code for School Treasurers.
- Experience in financial management of a large school district, higher education institution or government organization
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements and software
- Excellent supervision and interpersonal skills, including listening
- A high level of oral and written communications skills
- Organization and problem-solving competencies
- Knowledge and experience with current employee benefit programs including health insurance
- Ohio School Treasurer’s license required; a CPA is preferred.
Compensation and Hiring Timetable
- Highly competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications
- Starting date of July 1, 2014, or by mutual agreement
- Screening is ongoing; position is open until filled.
Apply online at www.ecragroup.com/active-searches
For assistance or questions, call 847-318-0072
An Equal Opportunity Employer
|Location||Columbus, OH, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Contact Name||HYA Executive Search, a Division of ECRA Group, Inc.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|