Louisiana Connections Academy | Baton Rouge LA 70801 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/26/2014
Louisiana Connections Academy (LACA) will welcome from across our state 1,800 Kindergarten through 12th grade students for the 2014-2015
school year and will operate with a $15 million school budget. LACA is authorized under state law by the Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education and has been in operation since July 2011. The school is operated by Friends of Louisiana Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, and provides its educational program and other services through a contract with Connections Academy of Louisiana, LLC. Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED.
Visionary Executive with a strong commitment to excellence sought to lead Louisiana’s premiere on-line all grades charter school for the non-profit Friends of Louisiana Connections Academy. The school is a key partner in the state’s #3 rated public charter school system, providing a parental-desired choice for students in this reforming public school system.
The Executive Director will be based in Baton Rouge, along with the school’s three Principals who direct the Elementary, Middle and High School divisions of the Academy. The leader of this boundary-breaking corporation will be accountable for the school’s educational leadership team, but also responsible for building the school’s expanding role in the state’s business, higher education, and cultural economies and growing it into one of the top-rated schools in the state. The compensation package will range in the mid-$100’s.
From our office in Baton Rouge, LA, the Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations of the corporation which includes supervising the Principal and Assistant Principals responsible for the overall school operation and student achievement.
Other key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage relationships with the Louisiana Department of Education and Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, and stay current on the state’s policies, procedures and legislation, including specific special education procedures, etc.;
- Meet regularly with the Friends of Louisiana Connections Academy Board of Directors (the “Board”);
- Meet and communicate regularly with the authorizer and superintendent;
- Provide the Board with regular written and verbal reports and updates, as well as maintaining a high level of communication with appropriate Connections Academy staff;
- Provide the Board with support including posting of agendas, Board communication, and providing specialized reports or information as needed;
- Deliver school outcomes based on a list of annual goals approved by the Board including student academic achievement;
- Supervise and oversee the implementation of the proven Connections Academy curriculum and school operation protocols;
- Ensure that administrators and teachers exhibit and maintain a high level of professionalism, instructional support and customer service;
- Ensure the academic success of individual students by utilizing all levels of academic support available and by maintaining a high level of communication with parents to deliver program information and address individual student needs;
- Assist administrators and teaching staff with implementing any program changes and/or new software application introductions;
- Exhibit high quality communication with all LACA staff, students and families;
- Oversee the contracting and/or delivery of special education services to ensure that the school is in compliance with state and federal laws (direct services are provided by the resident school districts in Louisiana);
- Support a robust “school community” through a program of in-person field trips around the state and virtual activities;
- Supervise and evaluate all school staff as required by the state and LACACA in both central and home locations;
- Work in collaboration with the Connections Academy team to develop and evolve best practices for K-12 distance education; and
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of administration or management experience required
- Proven record of successful non-profit, business, or corporate leadership
- Louisiana Education Credential with School Principal or Superintendent endorsement preferred
- Previous experience as a Superintendent in Louisiana or previous experience in higher education environment preferred
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Passion for student achievement and instruction
- Strongleadership qualities and a commitment to goal directed management and accountability
- An interest in advancing educational delivery through leveraging technology in
every aspect of instructional delivery and school management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Technologically proficient (especially with use of the Internet and Microsoft Office products)
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
Please visit www.connectionsacademy.com/jobs to apply.
|Location||Baton Rouge, LA, United States|
|Categories||CEO/Superintendent/President, Head of School/Principal|
|Organization Type||Charter School|
|Grade Level||Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Contact Name||Gregory Appleman|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|