Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
Generation Ready | New York NY 10001 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/10/2013
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services and targeted school and district solutions. Created through acquisition by Weld North LLC in September of 2012, Generation Ready combines the deep expertise and resources of two long-renowned education organizations – Editure/AUSSIE Professional Development and JBHM Education Group. Our mission is to support teachers and school leaders in order to educate a stronger, more vibrant generation of students prepared to meet life’s challenges. In partnership with KKR, a leading global alternative asset manager, Weld North is an investment company that seeks to make control investments in lower and middle market education, health and wellness, consumer services and marketing businesses.
Generation Ready is looking to hire an Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development for its Teacher Courses business. This division, a special growth initiative under the Generation Ready umbrella, provides graduate-level distance learning courses that teachers take to enhance their practice and advance their career. It currently offers a broad range of direct-to-teacher courses under the Enhancement Courses and Advancement Courses brands. We are seeking an Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development to lead our direct marketing efforts and contribute to business development and partnerships. This person will report directly to the General Manager of the Teacher Courses business and is expected to significantly contribute to this small team of intrapreneurs by taking on meaningful levels of responsibility, leveraging their previous experiences and broadening their relevant skill sets.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, drive the strategy and execution of email, digital, print and direct mail marketing campaigns targeting K-12 educators.
- Partner with internal resources and/or agencies to develop and implement integrated campaigns with a mixture of digital marketing, traditional marketing, communications/PR and social media.
- Creative development of marketing initiatives and projects, including writing copy for print and web collateral, print and web ads, email, website, etc.
- Print production coordination and project management for all print and online materials, including design, copy development, printing and distribution/fulfillment.
- Ensure brand-appropriate, unified, consistent and customer-centric approach to campaigns.
- Build and manage customer database with input from multiple channels.
- Drive digital experience, leveraging all digital tools such as email, rich media, SEO, SEM, webinar and social networks. Work closely with external and internal partners to implement, manage and optimize programs. Manage website content calendar.
- Effectively manage workflow, including timelines, budgets, vendor contracts, fulfillment and campaigns.
- Conduct and maintain competitive market analyses to help inform pricing, promotion, partnership and content strategies. Research educator evaluation and compensation trends and local requirements.
- Actively participate in events and meetings with existing and potential customers and university and corporate partners.
- 4-8 years of B2C digital marketing or equivalent professional experience. Experience as an educator and/or working in the education industry is strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Ed.M. preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Strong project management, organizational, writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital campaign metrics, analytics and optimization.
- Ability to turn data into actionable information and direction.
- Tech savvy and very comfortable learning and using new technologies. Proficient in MS Office suite. Comfortable with creative and presentation software as well as list management and permission-based software tools.
- Creative and strategic thinker who enjoys solving unstructured problems.
- Results-focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes. Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- A passion for supporting educators and raising student achievement.
- Positive and energetic team player who is excited to play a significant role building a great business backed by institutional capital.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial streak, as they will be part of a small team with varied responsibilities and a wide range of focus.
- Excellent academic credentials and professional references.
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Experience Years||6 yrs|
|Contact Name||Scott Williams|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|