Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Generation Ready | New York NY 10001 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/10/2013
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services and targeted school and district solutions. Created through acquisition by Weld North LLC in September of 2012, Generation Ready combines the deep expertise and resources of two long-renowned education organizations – Editure/AUSSIE Professional Development and JBHM Education Group. Our mission is to support teachers and school leaders in order to educate a stronger, more vibrant generation of students prepared to meet life’s challenges. In partnership with KKR, a leading global alternative asset manager, Weld North is an investment company that seeks to make control investments in lower and middle market education, health and wellness, consumer services and marketing businesses.
Generation Ready is looking to hire an Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction (Product Manager) for its Teacher Courses business. This division, a special growth initiative under the Generation Ready umbrella, provides graduate-level distance learning courses that teachers take to enhance their practice and advance their career. It currently offers a broad range of direct-to-teacher, print-based courses under the Enhancement Courses and Advancement Courses brands. We are seeking someone to lead the development of high-quality, online courses that will have a meaningful impact on classroom practice and student outcomes. The Associate Director of Curriculum & Instruction will report directly to the General Manager of the Teacher Courses business and is expected to significantly contribute to this small team of intrapreneurs by taking on meaningful levels of responsibility, leveraging their previous experiences and broadening their relevant skill sets.
- Lead the development and editing of new online professional development courses, working in cooperation with the Education, Technology and Marketing teams and managing outside consultants and vendors.
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager to define and refine the product strategy and a market- and customer-driven vision for high-quality courses.
- Develop, prioritize and maintain the course roadmap, including requirements and specifications, and relentlessly drive execution of development.
- Own and manage the course products throughout their life cycles, from product definition and feature enhancements (based on customer feedback) to market entry and post-implementation evaluations.
- Write requirements documents, create budgets and facilitate product feature sessions.
- Generate course topic ideas and new product opportunities by utilizing knowledge of K-12 market trends and educator needs, working with the Education team and monitoring the competition.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to ensure effective go-to-market plans as we introduce new products and enhancements to existing ones. Includes helping to develop the value proposition, positioning, pricing and marketing materials.
- Conduct and maintain competitive market and product analyses to help inform content, delivery, technology, pricing and partnership strategies.
- Influence decision making for investment in new products, features and strategies.
- Work closely with the Technology team to develop, prioritize and maintain the requirements and specifications for the online course delivery software.
- Review and update existing library of print courses.
- Actively participate in events and meetings with existing and potential customers and university and corporate partners.
- 4-8 years of product management, editing or equivalent professional experience. Experience as an educator and/or working in the education industry is required. Bachelor’s degree required and graduate degree preferred.
- Strong project management, organizational, editing, writing and oral communication skills.
- Tech savvy and very comfortable learning and using new technologies. Proficient in MS Office suite. Familiarity with LMSs and CMSs preferred.
- Creative and strategic thinker who enjoys solving unstructured problems.
- Results-focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and drives hard to meet and frequently exceed goals and objectives within tight timeframes. Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- A passion for supporting educators and raising student achievement.
- Positive and energetic team player who is excited to play a significant role building a great business backed by institutional capital.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial streak, as they will be part of a small team with varied responsibilities and a wide range of focus.
- Excellent academic credentials and professional references.
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Categories||Curriculum, Product Development, Director/Manager/Coordinator, Writer/Editor|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Experience Years||6 yrs|
|Contact Name||Scott Williams|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|