Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
Institute For Curriculum Services | San Francisco CA 94105 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 11/27/2013
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
ICS’s Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer should be an educator with expertise in curriculum design for public schools. The Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer spearheads ICS’s work with educators through curriculum development and teacher training. With the digital revolution taking place in American classrooms, the Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer will propose and execute new strategies for increasing ICS’s distribution of existing curricular resources and newly developed resources across a variety of platforms. The Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer should possess strong subject-matter expertise on Jews, Judaism, Jewish history, and Israel.
The Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer reports to the Director of ICS. She/he will consult with the ICS Education Specialist and his/her supervisor on the development of new curricular resources, and final drafts of all new resources go to JCRC’s Executive Director for approval.
Curricular Resource Development and Distribution
- Identify topics for ICS to address in curricular resources.
- Identify innovative and appropriate instructional technologies to distribute ICS content, including online lessons, lessons for smart boards, or interactive digital textbooks, along with more traditional lesson plans.
- Create well-researched resources on topics identified across various platforms (pdfs, interactive online lessons, etc) or to meet other organizational needs.
- Develop and implement approaches to increase awareness and distribution of ICS educational materials.
- Research online venues used by social studies educators and seek inclusion of ICS curricular resources on reputable sites.
Educator Outreach, Conferences, and Presentations
- Create and submit proposals for conference presentations and teacher workshops.
- Create and lead presentations.
- Oversee the preparation of conference materials and ICS's booth at conferences.
- Train new National Teacher Training Initiative partners and guide and support current partners to apply to, present at, and host booths at social studies conferences in their regions, and to distribute and promote ICS resources.
- Research and analyze government policies, guidelines and proposals that can impact ICS’s work, such as existing legislation and proposed legislation.
- Meet with government and education officials as appropriate and serve as a contact.
- Find opportunities to deepen ICS connections with social studies councils by seeking involvement, particularly in the National Council for the Social Studies.
- Analyze curricular materials from textbook publishers and other organizations as needed.
- Update ICS website content for educators.
- Provide reports and data on activities and achievements related to portfolio to the ICS Director.
- Monitor curriculum and teacher training expenses and develop strategies to reduce costs.
- Teacher credential or other advanced degree in relevant field of studies.
- Creativity and proven experience in curriculum development and teacher training.
- In-depth understanding of the needs and constraints faced by classroom teachers.
- Classroom experience.
- Strong knowledge of Jews, Judaism, Jewish history, and Israel and a passion for ICS’s mission.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to answer difficult questions calmly and constructively.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills (Microsoft Office and some web design/management skills).
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Personable and a team player, able to present and advocate for own ideas while also possessing the ability to defer to team consensus.
- Tech savvy. Instructional technology experience highly desired.
- Experience with public education, in particular social studies is highly desired.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and specify where you saw the position.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
|Categories||Curriculum, Professional Development/Instructional Coach|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Teaching field||Social Studies/Science|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|